To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dulles, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Electronic Technician II
Apex Systems • Dulles, VA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Electronic Technician II
Shift: Operations Shift Schedule, with some weekend work necessary
Travel to sites throughout the U.S. and the World
- Under close supervision, performs routine technical functions related to the support of development engineering activities such as design, test, checkout, fabrication, modification, and assembly of electronics and Electro-mechanical systems
- Experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
- Applications may include analog, digital and/or video type circuits and logic systems.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform routine testing, checkout, troubleshooting, prototype building, environmental testing, and simple developmental engineering tasks.
- Performs routine operational tests and fault isolation on development systems and equipment to ensure conformance with design specifications.
- Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions down to component level.
- Conducts defined engineering tests and collects data as assigned. Utilizes routine development or diagnostic equipment including oscilloscope, VOM, DVM, signal generators and similar test apparatus.
- Normally assigned in area such as development, engineering, test equipment design, or the like.
- Excludes those assigned to production test activities.
- Entry Level. Excludes trainees with no academic preparation or experience.
- EXPERIENCE and TRAINING: Electronics training equivalent to 2 years technical trade school or military technical school.
- Security Clearance not required, but ability to initiate clearance process *strongly* preferred
- Hands on knowledge and experience with the use of a variety of electrical, RF, and/or computer networking equipment
- Proficiency in computer related software as it relates to automated networking and debug
- Field experience with system installations and determinations, preferable at remote or international location demonstrate the ability to deliver with access to limited resources
- Ability and initiative to tackle and understand new technical and engineering designs
- The ability to read schematics, block diagrams, and to troubleshoot electrical and RF circuits
AA Degree+ 2 years with hands-on electrical/RF integration and test experience. Basic Computer skills and aptitude with Word, Excel and web-based applications and/or UNIX required. Experience with fundamental electrical troubleshooting and networking tools.
Electrical Technician experience desired.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178