Vaco has been engaged by one of Birmingham's employers to identify an Accounts Receivable Specialist with solid, general bookkeeping skills. The Specialist will be responsible for keying high-volume transactions, monitoring lines of credit, credit memos, reconciliations, and posting payments as well as other basic accounting functions. This position reports directly to the Controller.
Duties for the Accounts Receivable Specialist:
- Timely and accurate billing, daily cash collections and posting
- Work with clients to provide excellent customer service
- Work with clients to provide explanations of charges on accounts
- Monitor accounts, aging reports, and provide reports to manager
- Perform the necessary research to follow up on problematic accounts
- Process bank deposits, adjustments, and maintain financial records
Reconciliation Specialist responsibilities include the following:
- Posting payments and other transactions to the general ledger.
- Perform daily reconciliations of accounts receivable as well as perform issue resolution.
- Generate management reports.
- Perform monthly closing activities.
- Perform profitability analysis and revenue recognition procedures.
- Highly refined interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office products, specifically Excel.
- Completes a high volume of data entry tasks with 100% accuracy
- Works efficiently with all office equipment
- Corresponds with various departments
- Handles documents and information gathered with high level of confidentiality
- Provides support to the Office Coordinator and staff
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH REQUIRED EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Benefits to working with Vaco: Through no cost to you, working with Vaco recruiters gives you an advantage over your competition. In the local market, Vaco partners with most companies to fill their accounting and finance needs. In most cases, our recruiters will have a relationship with the human resources manager or the hiring manager directly. Instead of being another faceless resume, with Vaco, you have an advocate to get you the opportunities that you want. Your recruiter will promote your strengths and assets to the employer, connecting the dots between your work experience and the open job. Choosing to use Vaco means you are more prepared for your interviews. Through the relationships with the client and history of working with each company, you will be prepared thoroughly for each interview - history of the company, background on the people that you will meet, and in some cases examples of interview questions to prepare. Our recruiters will be able to provide great insight about trends in the market - keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, company culture and growth opportunities. Visit us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and at our LinkedIn page to learn more about available positions and updates.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF RESUMES PLEASE NOTE YOU DO NOT NEED TO APPLY IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY SUBMITTED TO ANOTHER VACO POSTING. YOUR QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ALL OPEN VACO OPPORTUNITIES.
Your resume will never be submitted to a client company without your prior knowledge and consent to do so.
Maintain Indexed Record
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles