In a complex healthcare world, Medline strives to help our customers achieve both clinical and financial success. We do that through a personalized approach to listen and better understand our customers’ needs in an environment that tirelessly demands lower costs and better outcomes.
We are both a manufacturer and distributor with 1,500 direct sales reps who are dedicated points of contact for customers across the continuum of care. Because of our capabilities and engagement with other clinical and industry thought leaders, we deliver the most robust product portfolio and patient-care solutions to help healthcare providers perform at their very best.
Our responsiveness and commitment to advancing the health of healthcare is evident in our actions every day. This is who we are. This is why customers choose us as their trusted business partner.
Medline Industries, Inc. has an immediate opening for a talented Sales Associate to assist in the management of our Post- Acute Care Sales force within major medical center(s) in the West Coast area. We are seeking a dynamic, hard working, individual capable of working within a large medical facility. You must be people-oriented with strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work independently. If you possess an entrepreneurial spirit; have excellent organization and communication skills; and enjoy reaping the rewards of your efforts, we encourage you to apply. This position will be based out of either our Mundelein or Northfield location. The position reports to the field Divisional or Regional Sales Manager.
The career path of the Sales Associate position is to be promoted into a Sales Representative within 18-24 months of hire. During this time, you will be shadowing and learning from experienced and successful Medline Acute Care Sales Representatives, while gaining hands-on exposure to all aspects of the Sales Representative position.
- Monitors multiple projects’ progress
- Create and run monthly/quarterly reports
- Manage all system wide contracts; working with vendors, Medline Distribution division, group purchasing organizations, and the customers
- Handle all non-Medline price related issues which include maintaining price integrity on all new items and existing items for the customer
- Establishes and maintains customer relationships; includes conducting weekly team meetings with the state of business with both the customer and the sales reps
- Support and work with all dedicated service managers within assigned territory
- Communication and follow up of issues with resolution on a timely basis
- Bachelors degree
- Proven ability to manage full life cycle projects and bring projects in on time
- Proven ability to be pro-active
- Experience successfully working with customers
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a detail focused, results oriented environment.
- Skilled in problem solving techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Looking to work as part of a team
- Interested in advancement opportunities
- Strong customer service experience
- Ability to deal with difficult situations in a positive manner
• The following computer proficiencies are required:
o MS Excel (Intermediate/Expert)
o MS Office (Intermediate/Expert)
o MS Word (Intermediate/Expert)
o SAP (Desirable, but not necessary)