To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA 94124
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sales Associate - Bayview Store
Goodwill Industries of San Fran • San Francisco, CA
Posted 28 days ago
JOB SUMMARY: (the purpose of the role)
Under the direction of store leadership, the Sales Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service, maintaining a clean, safe and pleasant work environment, and implementing the Company’s mission and goals. Work in an accurate an efficient manner to reduce waste, improve sales and reduce expense.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Accountabilities = the WHAT. The specific outcomes or results that an experienced person in this job is expected to contribute to the goals and performance of Goodwill. Include financial/budget accountabilities that the individual has direct or indirect impact on. Responsibilities = the HOW. The specific duties that an experienced person in this job is expected to perform in the achievement of their accountabilities).
- Achieves the highest standards of customer service. Maintaining high levels of courtesy standards, attentiveness.
- Maintains assigned work area in a neat and orderly manner. Providing a safe working and shopping environment at all time.
- Works under the supervision and guidance of store leadership to maintain the highest levels of merchandise presentation standards.
- Accurately and efficiently runs the POS system. Adheres to all cash handling guidelines and POS operating procedures.
- Works under the direction of assigned leaders and supervisors to reduce all elements of loss and shrinkage. Giving special attention to deterring theft and reporting suspicious activity when appropriate.
- Is responsible for being aware of all policy, procedures and guidelines related to the effected completion of job requirements.
- Participates in all training activities and assignments as directed.
- Supports the team environment by actively participating is the effective merchandising of assigned areas.
- Works to improve delivery of customer service in the store, making efforts to improve processes and practices that will continually enhance the shopping experience.
- Assist in the visual presentation of the store as directed, including window displays, rack signing and sizing and accessorizing.
- Responsible for accurately performing the all job functions of a retail cashier.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: (education, work experience, and technical competencies)
- Retail and customer service experience preferred
- Must be able to read and write English proficiently, or have enrolled in and are on track to successfully complete an approved ESL program.
- Demonstrate math and or accounting skills
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Must be familiar or gain familiarity with cashiering system.
- Must be able to stand on hard surfaces for an extended period of time.
- Ability to work in diverse public
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member successfully performing the essential functions of this job (i.e., travel, driving, lifting, etc.). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Note: Please use percent time spent in these requirements. Totals do not have to add to 100%.
Standing and Walking:
Close Vision and Sitting:
Talking and Hearing:
(via phone/in person)
Lifting (more than 20 lbs):
Other: Occasional Travel
5% or less