Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Center For Advanced Clinical Solutions (CACS) is building a clinical decision support platform for use across the Optum Health enterprise, supporting providers and other clinicians in making the best choices for individual patient care.
Join the Terminology team, as part of CACS, as a Lead Semantic Web Application Developer to build an ontology solution for use as part of the platform both inside CACS and as an independent offering across the enterprise.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, develop, and implement semantic web data and ontology pipelines to transform and integrate terminological resources
- Collaborates with CACS development groups and other stakeholders to lead development and implementation of data standards for clinical decision support
- Develops, tests, debugs, and maintains new and existing application software
- Works as part of a team to define and document project requirements and provides overall technical guidance in design, architecture and implementation of software solutions
- Performs other related work as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Experience with using ontology tools (e.g. Protégé, TopBraid, etc.)
- Experience with multiple computing languages, ideally including Java and Python
- Expertise in Semantic web technologies such as RDF, RDFS, OWL, SPARQL
- Knowledge of biomedical ontologies and resources (e.g. SNOMED CT, LOINC, ICD, CPT, etc.)
- Knowledge of XML, JSON-LD, and other data serialization formats
- Understanding of electronic health record data processes and data flow
- 5+ years of experience with semantic web technologies such as RDF, RDFS, OWL, SPARQL
- 5+ years of experience with programming in healthcare industry, healthcare IT
- Experience with semantic web libraries like Jena, OWLAPI, etc.
- Experience with setting up and managing triple stores (e.g. Fuseki, Stardog, etc.)
- Knowledge of biomedical common data models (e.g. FHIR, OMOP, PCORNet, etc.)
- Familiarity with clinical/phenotypic data
- Scientific background and interests - particularly biomedicine
- MS in computer science or related field with a focus on Semantic Web & Ontologies
- Solid verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- #OHECT #Dice
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.