To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Germantown, MD 20876
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior PCB Design Engineer
EchoStar Corporation • Germantown, MD
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes Network Systems has an exciting, brand new opening for a Senior PCB Design Engineer at our Germantown, MD headquarters!
The Sr. PCB Design Engineer is responsible for Printed Circuit Board design layout as required by product development teams.
- Generate detailed development and documentation of complex printed circuit boards conforming to applicable IPC and industry standards.
- Work from preliminary schematics, parts lists, and basic functional description as provided by the design team.
- Work with engineers and factory teams to optimize layouts for performance, costs, and manufacturability.
- Complete placement and layout of PCB designs using Cadence Allegro PCB Editor v17.2.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of industry guidelines for signal integrity, reliability, and manufacturability per IPC standards.
- Handle design layouts (both RF and Baseband), incorporate Engineering Change Notices, and provide general technical support.
- Provide layout assists to less experienced Designers.
- Interface with PCB vendors, and others as needed to resolve technical issues.
- Assist with maintaining departmental procedures, standards, and guidelines.
- Meet schedule milestones in conjunction with deployment teams.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of PCB design experience, and the understanding of PCB layout processes
- IPC Certification of CID/CID+ is strongly preferred
- Experience with high density layout and multilayer boards, controlled impedance traces, RF transmission lines, etched antennas, grounding techniques, high speed digital, BGAs, power supplies, etc
- Have a prior understanding of how design reviews operate
- Technical understanding of printed circuit board design fabrication process
- Understand and follow best Configuration Management practices
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.