Vice President, Legal Operations and Strategic Services
Equinix is the world's digital infrastructure company, operating over 240?data centers across the globe and?providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are?a fast-growing global company with 78?consecutive?quarters of growth.?Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of over 10,000 companies, including?2,000+ networks and?3,000?cloud and IT service providers?in over?30?countries spanning?six?continents - and counting!
A leadership role at Equinix means you will drive and collaborate on work that impacts the world.?We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing?an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
About Our Legal Team
We are a world-class team of Legal professionals dedicated to protecting Equinix's interests and delivering service excellence to our internal clients and customers. Our business partners rely on our leading practices and consistent, proactive, and flexible nature.
Equinix's dynamic growth trajectory keeps us focused, flexible, and constantly learning. Our trusted relationships and solution-driven approach gets us invited into strategic conversations early and often, leading to engaging and rewarding work directly in support of Equinix's overall business objectives.
Our global Legal department spans four continents, but we are One Legal - a united team collaborating together across borders in support of a shared purpose.??We work hard but take time to celebrate our accomplishments and enjoy the highly valued collegial "team-first" culture we have created.
About the Role
You will serve as functional leader responsible for managing a team of 22 Legal Operations professionals supporting a wide range of strategic Legal functions, including Shared Services, Practice Group support, Mergers & Acquisitions (including integration) support, Technology, Data & Analytics, and Project Management. Responsible for leading large-scale change initiatives, with global scope, requiring both strategic and operational expertise to drive productivity and cost management.
Areas of Accountability
Legal Operations Strategy
* Lead Legal transformation projects, designing the future vision of the organization's operating model and services the anticipated company growth
* Develop an investment strategy and business case to reach desired maturity levels at 1-, 3- and 5-year intervals
* Implement a program for continuous improvements within the Legal and Legal Ops team
* Be a thought leader in the company leveraging Legal Ops' contributions to Equinix's overall strategy
Legal Shared Service Center Strategy
* Lead the strategy, design, and roadmap to implement and sustain the robust capabilities of a newly formed Shared Service Center (SSC)
* Identify work processes to perform in the SSC and create a development and transition plan
* Ensure that all processes can be executed by stakeholders in simple, and concise self-service ways to provide value and simplification to contracts management
* Lead annual process to evaluate SSC functions resulting in continuous refinement of the service model
Legal Project Management Office
* Build project management capabilities and offerings within Legal
* Improve Program Management Office (PMO) effectiveness, bringing best practices in change and knowledge management
* Manage involvement in core aspects of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and integration activities. Maintain a playbook to guide a consistent M&A process
* Align activities between the strategic PMO and transactional project management work executed within the (SSC)
* Assist corporate efforts to build a sustainable and time-sensitive approach to information governance
Legal Productivity through Technology
* Create an automation strategy and adoption plan for highly repeatable and transactional work processes
* Oversee the Legal systems and tools team, and work with IT to develop a roadmap to support the Legal technology transformation
* Ensure the Legal technology stack is appropriate for the current work of the team and ensure appropriate utilization, advocacy, and training around tools
* Provide best-in-class end user support
Leadership - People/Team/Culture
* Align cross-functional teams and stakeholders to streamline team engagement across regions
* Create a collaborative, transparent and entrepreneurial culture, in partnership with corporate leadership
* Motivate employees around a shared vision and change story in line with transformation
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate competency and experience as described below, recognizing each applicant will bring their own combination of skills:
* 10+ year of global experience in Legal Operations, defining and enabling Legal processes and execution. Including 5+ years in Shared Services and/or Business Operations management experience
* Experience leading transformation programs
* Experience building and/or managing a Shared Services?function
* Executive presence with the ability to influence?Executives and?Senior Leaders Knowledge of Legal operating models and Legal technology platforms
* Financial acumen?around investment strategies and budgeting, including related financial systems, such as eBilling
* Adept at?balancing short-term pressures with long-term goals? Focus on?execution and results. Establish high standards for?performance; set goals and develop plans, hold yourself and your team accountable for results
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Visit our Career page here to understand about Equinix COVID-19 Vaccine Policy.
- Commercial Awareness
- Contract Management
- Data Analysis
- Entrepreneurial Cultures
- Financial Management