CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It's our heritage and it's also our future. Because we don't just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard-when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Mattel Cloud Platform team builds the APIs, SDKs, and tools that developers and product development teams use to power Mattel's digital connected toys, baby gear, and experiences across the globe. Millions of connected products will be leveraging this global platform across the globe. As the Technical Product Management Specialist for the Mattel Cloud Platform, you will collect internal requirements, work with the UX and engineering team to deliver tools & APIs, and own the overall global Mattel Cloud Platform strategy and roadmap
What Your Impact Will Be:
* Manage intake for any R&D efforts across Mattel
* Understand the business cases and make decisions of priorities that the R&D team should work on
* Assist with managing the project coordination efforts through Jira
* Operate within SAFe agile processes
* Document and understand play patterns across the brands
* Be the main communicator between the tech teams and Mattel's brand partnerships
* Design an intake process for the MCPP team around Lean UX practices
* Be the main point of contact for brands and attend meetings and conference calls as needed
* Collaborate with partners to define project scope and objectives
* Develop detailed project plans, including timelines, to monitor and track project progress
* Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
* Lead changes to project scope, schedule and budget
* Manage team velocity through Jira
* Provide reports to show measure of progress of the team to leadership
* Ensure team collaboration, open communication & transparency amongst the team members
* Act a leader and provide strategic plans to make the hand-off between brand and tech teams seamless
* Write user stories and collect requirements using agile best practices and entering them into Jira/ Aha!
* Make decisions and pivot the team to create continuous improvement
* Understand the architecture and experience and provide documentation around both
* Be able to present to lead leadership meetings with proper updates and the ability to talk to the brand play patterns and products
* Acts as a servant leader for one or multiple teams and their stakeholders.
* Aids the team and Product Owner in efforts to manage and sequence the backlog
* Understand dependencies amongst teams
* Participates, facilitates and manages the outputs of all agile ceremonies including Daily Stand Up meetings, Sprint review, sprint retrospective, sprint planning, backlog refinement sessions, prepare for Program Increment Planning Sessions and participates actively in its execution.
* Participates in the Scrum Master Sync (if any) and Community of Practice (CoP) Sessions and Agile Release Train Sync Sessions, as well as any other sessions where their team needs to be represented by the Scrum Master.
* Continuously works with the Scrum Master Community of Practice to ensure standard procedures are in place and ultimately improve the organizations' product delivery capability.
* Seeks advice and works closely with other Scrum Masters and Release Train Engineers to establish best practices and resolve challenging issues, risks, conflicts, dependencies or impediments
* Coordinate the API team's roadmap and evangelize that vision internally and externally
* Lead API team initiatives cross-functionally across several brands, engineering, and product development teams
* Lead direction on API interfaces and developer documentation
* Develop a deep understanding of how we can better serve developers and internal customers through the API
* Demonstrates ongoing desire for knowledge and continuous improvement by pursuing continuous education with regards to everything Agile (e.g. visit user groups, attend conferences, read books, write blogs, etc.).
What We're Looking For:
* Bachelor's degree in technical discipline; MBA preferred
* 5+ years of technical management experience
* Agile product management, Jira, Omniplan
What It's Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
* We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
* We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
* We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Our Approach to Hybrid Work
We embrace a hybrid work model to empower a culture of growth, optimism, and wellbeing, where everyone can deliver on our shared purpose and realize their full potential. Combining purposeful in-person collaboration with tech-enabled hybrid work, our focus is to provide flexibility while enabling collaboration for moments that matter.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children's and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to IT Product Owner
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
- Agile Methodology
- Business Process Improvement
- Cloud Platform System