Job ID: 154758
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
The Field Mechanic will be responsible for assembly, set ups, adjust, maintaining, and repairs of all types of crushing, conveying, screening and washing equipment.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Will be required to change bearings, conveyor idlers, screens, headpulleys, tailpulleys, install and splice conveyor belts and make any other repairs as be needed.
- Make plant changes as needed to optimize production.
- Responsible for repair of equipment and plant maintenance using various tools.
- Perform Daily Workplace Examinations of plant or areas.
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Operate and inspect machines and equipment to diagnose defects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to work weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with management.
- Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Demonstrated, effective skills in dealing with employees at all levels.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to work with suppliers.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness.
- Capable of utilizing the internet effectively for research and evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb, crawl, kneel, and bend.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.
Personal Protective Equipment
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)