Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
The Patient Access Associate welcomes, greets, interviews patients and/or representatives in person or over the telephone to ensure their initial experience with the hospital is exceptional; the Patient Access Associate will also obtain the required demographical and insurance information to ensure proper billing/reimbursement to the hospital. Secure required signatures from patients and/or representatives to protect hospital’s interests. Provides excellent patient experience for guests with a high level of professionalism.
This position is a Per Diem role, or as needed. We have multiple open shifts in each Central New York location that include: Cobleskill, Cooperstown, Delhi, Herkimer, Little Falls, Oneonta, and Sidney.
Per Diem associates must work a minimum of 16 hours per month, usually 2, eight-hour shifts. And even these hours are extra flexible at times, allowing 4 hour blocks and sometimes less depending on the need. Per Diems work when there is a vacancy and we have a number of vacancies currently. There are opportunities to work the minimum, 16-hours per month and there are opportunities to work considerably more. We welcome and encourage you to pick up even more shifts, but we also respect your need for student-work-life balance. For candidates willing to travel to any higher need area, we will pay travel expenses/personal mileage on top of the base salary.
- As measured by direct or indirect supervisory observation and/or co-worker feedback, the successful incumbent demonstrates skills in the following duties and responsibilities. Examples of these include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet all patients in a respectful, courteous, confidential, and caring manner upon arrival
- Interact positively with patients, families, and other patient care providers
- Interview, verify and/or update patient/family to obtain patient registration demographic, financial, and insurance information and accurately enters information into the computer
- Assign appropriate financial class and insurance plans to patient visit
- Secure patient’s signature when applicable, i.e. Medicare waiver, financial agreements, insurance forms.
- Create medical records upon registration if patient is new to network
- Prepare appropriate forms during registration process
- Collect and maintain co-pay information from patients
- Obtain insurance authorization upon patient admission to the hospital
- Direct patients and families to appropriate areas of hospital/clinics
- Demonstrate awareness of and provides care in a manner consistent with the Patient's Bill of Rights.
- Demonstrate cooperation by offering assistance to other health care providers
- Refer appropriate patients for financial counseling/assistance
- Demonstrates appropriate telephone etiquette; to include but not limited to, answering telephone calls in a prompt, friendly, helpful manner, using courtesy title (i.e. Ms. Smith, Dr. Jones, etc.), convey location called, identify self by name, answer call within three rings, and if necessary politely place caller on hold after asking permission
- Act as liaison with outside agencies to coordinate specific special needs for patient care (ie. if patient requires an interpreter and/or added assistance)
- All registration paperwork is prepared and forwarded to Health Information Management for scanning to patient’s EPIC chart
- Provide cross coverage within the Patient Access Service departments when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Adheres to standards of practice as set forth in policy and guidelines to assure patient safety
- Uses supplies and institutional resources in a financially responsible manner
- Maintains an orderly, clean and safe work environment
- Maintains appropriate, professional personal appearance, including but not limited to required attire such as uniforms and safety apparel
- Assists in the training process of students and/or orientation of new personnel
- Participates in staffing patterns that reflect variable demands in service
- Demonstrates a positive attitude
- Uses flexibility and innovation while problem solving
- Demonstrates collaborative practice, support and respect for each team member
- Participates in departmental / organizational committees
- Demonstrates initiative in expanding and sharing knowledge
- Participates in continued education through attendance and presentations at in-service sessions
- Communicates with patients and coworkers while adhering always to hospital policies for the protection of the privacy of patient health information and confidentiality
- Assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Communicates necessary information to supervisor or team leader in support of unit, departmental and facility standards and policies
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Healthcare experience and medical terminology
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate with individuals and groups of adults at all levels within the organization
- Ability to build rapport quickly, develop trust, sustain working relationships, and represent CRH positively in internal and external meetings
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Basic keyboarding skills
Physical and Work Environment:
- General office environment with significant computer time, extensive sitting
- Occasional standing, walking and bending
- Ability to perform the following: kneeling, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, pushing, pulling and repetitive motion.
- Occasionally push, pull and lift objects/equipment weighing up to 35 pounds
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Patient Access Associate I - Per Diem - Central, NY
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Patient Access Associate I - Per Diem - Central, NY
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Registrar I, Per Diem, CRH, Delhi, NY, New York, #BAHQ3, hiring immediately, #RPO