To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Anchorage, AK
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Project Accounting Summer Intern *Open to Shareholders & Descendants Only*
Katmai Government Services • Anchorage, AK
Posted 1 month ago
This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills she or he may have acquired in school related to his or her areas of interest and apply them in a professional setting. He or she will gain a better understanding of the role that Administration can play in an Alaskan Native Corporation setting. The student filling this position will handle a wide range of important duties.
Temporary, part-time; Up to 30 hours/week. The summer youth hire positions work 6 to 8 weeks during the summer months and provide general office support to the ONC offices with an emphasis on customer service and basic business operations
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Clerical office support (word processing, scanning, copying documents, faxing, filing, )
- Assist with file room and file drawer organization
- Setup Projects per contractual requirements
- Project related journal entry processing
- Project related analysis reconciliations
- Participate in special assignments and/or training, as requested
- Learns fundamentals of ANCSA Village Corporation
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- May rotate departments within the company
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written format.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills including that needed to accurately and orderly file documents.
- Good analytical and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality restrictions, also quality and safety standards.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to work within a team environment.
- Ability to work with limited on-site supervision, self- motivated.
- Ability to create and edit simple documents for inter- office communications, including completion of forms.
Applicants should be a Ouzinkie Native Corporation shareholder or descendant. Applicant should show a strong interest in the field of Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting. Ages 14-18 years old.
Currently enrolled in high school.
Frequent sitting, using hands/fingers, handling, reaching with hands and arms, talking, hearing and seeing up close, at a distance, along the periphery, with depth perception and the ability to adjust focus; occasional walking or standing, occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs. It is Ouzinkie Native Corporation’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting and in some off site locations during project transitioning with a wide variety of people in different functions, personalities and abilities.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website, https://ouzinkiejobs-katmai.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Spouses of Shareholders, and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003 - 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
EEO Supplement Poster : https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/pzpazUDsKb
Right to Work Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/KGGBPdDBaV
E-Verify Poster (Spanish): https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/HFEbHdtz1e