To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cheyenne, WY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lead Critical Facilities Engineer
BGIS North America • Cheyenne, WY
Posted 2 months ago
BGIS is currently seeking a Lead Critical Facilities Engineer to join the team.
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses.
With over 20 years of experience, we employ over 5,000 skilled professionals and manage in excess of 56 million square meters of property and infrastructure, and delivers services that drive sustainable cost reductions for its clients. BGIS’ s clients benefit from the combined strength, expertise and leadership. When you join our team, whether as a seasoned professional or a recent graduate, you’re joining an industry-leading company that makes a difference in our communities, drives innovation through best practices and technology, and takes pride in being one of Canada’s Green 30 companies since 2010. We have been recognized by GI Jobs Magazine for Military Friendly 2017 and 2018, along with being the recipient of the 2018 Hire Vets Gold Medallion via the U.S Department of Labor.
Visit us online at https://www.bgis.com/us/careers.htm for more information.
This person will be responsible for:
- Support the creation, review, and approval of critical environment procedures.
- Oversee Computerized Maintenance Management System usage and reporting.
- Supervise contractors.
- Ensure adherence to Brookfield GIS Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Back-up the Critical Facility Manager as point of contact for clients and project teams.
- Maintain positive and professional working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Respond to customer requests for service.
Maintain Data Center Systems
- Resolve maintenance issues.
- Oversight of CFE daily, weekly, and monthly work order assignments.
- Reviews equipment data for potential improvements, monitors systems data for abnormal trends, and suggests adjustments.
- Manages the development of new projects.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend system upgrades.
- Order parts and supplies for maintenance and repairs.
- Solicit proposals for outsourced work.
- Work with vendors and contractors to ensure their work meets Brookfield GIS and Client standards.
- Perform all maintenance to ensure the highest level of efficiency without disruption to the business.
- Accurate and timely completion of work order requests.
- Escalate issues to Critical Environment Facility Manager as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience required.
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety typically used in critical environments
- High school diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience required
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and coordinate teams
- 2 years’ experience in Critical Environment required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite- Word, Excel, Outlook
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical ability to walk job sites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
- Ability to work at heights and from ladders.
- Ability to regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Respond to off hour emergency calls.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.