To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boise, ID
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Regional Environment, Health, Safety & Security Coordinator
Xylem • Boise, ID
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. With its October 2016 acquisition of Sensus, Xylem added smart metering, network technologies and advanced data analytics for water, gas and electric utilities to its portfolio of solutions. The combined Company’s nearly 16,000 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2016 revenue of $3.8 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Xylem offers challenging and rewarding careers for highly motivated individuals. We are currently seeking top candidates to become part of our team and have an opening for a Regional Environmental, Health, and Safety & Security Coordinator to support multiple facilities throughout Washington, Oregon, California, Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Regional Environment, Health, Safety & Security Coordinator. This position will assist with the development, implementation and monitoring of environmental, safety and health policies and procedures and best practices, particularly related to product manufacturing, transportation and services for rental and sales of industrial pumps and related equipment at branch offices located across the western United States.
- Serves as an EHS&S subject matter expert and business partner for the Region in which they support.
- Conduct periodic site visits to provide in person support and assistance as appropriate based upon need and business conditions.
- Assist regional branches with coordination, development and delivery of EHS&S training and education programs for new hires and existing employees either by use of CBT or in person training to meet regulatory and Xylem requirements.
- Assist regional branches in identification of facility/jobsite hazards and risks to prevent injuries, spills or other EHS&S impacts and to ensure compliance with company and customer-specific safety standards and government regulations.
- Collaborate with managers, supervisors and staff to institute loss prevention, loss control and corrective actions for unsafe and/or potentially unsafe acts, conditions or equipment.
- Partner with Operations team(s) to develop and distribute communications addressing accidents, near misses, lessons learned and other EHS&S-related topics.
- Assist and support the Xylem EHS team in the development and implementation of the appropriate EHS Management System procedures in order to align with Xylem expectations and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate the distribution and communication of applicable EHSMS elements at Regional Branches to support comprehension, implementation and accountability.
- Assist and support the investigation of accidents to identify root causes and appropriate corrective actions to aid in preventing recurrence of similar incidents in the future.
- Participate in the Xylem Corporate EHS&S Audit Program to support ongoing compliance and management system audits at various operations and locations throughout Xylem. Serve as an audit team member and/or audit team leader.
- Develop and analyze safety data and programs under the direction of the Director of EHS&S.
- Prepare detailed summaries that include results of risk assessments, test results, observations, identified safety concerns, and recommendations or solutions to resolve those concerns.
- Recommend ways to assist the company in creating safer and cleaner processes. Performance of varied duties as assigned.
- Five years’ experience working as a safety professional in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Occupational Health and Safety Technologists (OHST) preferred
- Federal OSHA and state-equivalent programs for occupational safety and health for general industry.
- Federal MSHA and state-equivalent programs for occupational safety and health for surface and subsurface mines.
- Federal DOT and state-equivalent programs for commercial fleet safety.
- Federal EPA and state-equivalent programs for environmental protection.
- Behavioral based safety concepts involving industrial and manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Word and Excel software.