Worldpay is a global payments leader powering international commerce with deep fintech expertise and a shared passion for our customers. Whether in-store, online, or on a mobile device, we process over 40 billion transactions annually and offer more than 300 payment methods supporting 126 currencies across 146 countries. It's the perfect place for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level.
As Worldpay grows, we must be proactive in assuring we stay ahead of the curve with truly cutting-edge products and services. The payments industry is in rapid evolution with the implementation of new technologies. By hiring the best minds that understand that new features and capabilities are just as important as security, Worldpay will continue to beat the competition with our offerings. Whether it's dedicated to new products and services, or ensuring we have the best infrastructure out there, Worldpay is dedicated to tech.
The Support Engineer - EDW provides on-going support of critical data warehousing and reporting systems.
A World of Opportunity
We're turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts needed to help our customers prosper. We don't try to ride the winds of change. We create them. We're proud to be shaping the future of payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues. We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we'll empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career experience you're looking for, we invite you to apply today.
- Work directly with an onshore/offshore IT support team responsible for operational performance of critical financial and corporate systems: IBM DataStage (version 11.5), SAP Business Objects (version 4.0), the Enterprise Data Warehouse (Oracle), IBI WebFocus
- Level 2/3 responsibly and line of business point of contact responsible for daily and month-end billing cycle process.
- Continuously provide SME knowledge to promote the operational health and monitoring of production environment of corporate systems
- Demonstrate ability to meet or exceed organizational KPI metrics for MTTR, Problem, Incident, Service Requests ticketing and quality assurance.
- Support production escalations and manage issue through resolution to stabilize operational environment(s).
- Perform L2/3 analysis and engage directly with IT organizations (including, Development, Infrastructure and Database teams) to provide root cause, recommendations and resolution planning.
- Bachelor's degree plus 3-5 years of experience in IT support and experience
- Proven results using analytics to drive business decisions, ideally in a Data Warehousing role
- Proven ability to troubleshoot application issues in a complex production environment
- Passion for recognizing and solving problems to deliver actionable business insights.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and team skills necessary to work well with onshore and offshore team members.
- Experience with multiple distributed system environments, including Windows, Linux and UNIX
- Detailed and proven experience with:
- IBM DataStage fluency
- Data Warehousing concepts and ETL experience fluency
- SQL and PL/SQL proficiency
- Unix OS/scripting proficiency
- Business Objects, WebFocus or comparable enterprise-level reporting tool exposure
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Colleagues may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Extract Transform Load (Etl)
Ibm Info Sphere Data Stage