There’s never been a better time to join TravelCenters of America! For 50 years, millions of professional truck drivers and motorists have called our travel centers home, depending on us daily for fuel, food, truck maintenance and essential services.
Driven by a passionate team, TA is focused on growing its network of travel centers, implementing cutting edge technology and embarking on innovative alternative energy and sustainability initiatives.
From our locations across the country, to our corporate headquarters in Westlake, Ohio, every team member is a stakeholder in TA’s success. This environment offers endless career opportunities for those interested in sharing their ideas, growing with the company and shaping TA’s future.
The Manager, Policies is key leader in the Human Resources department who support a cross-functional partnership to improve the consistency, efficiency, and effectiveness of the development, implementation, and review of policies and procedures throughout the company. Works to build a strong working relationship with team members representing many departments, as well as develop a deep understanding of the intersection of the various departments and their policies and procedures. Draws upon on the expertise of others, to coordinate and operationalize policy and procedure updates in support of the newly developed framework.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Using the expertise and guidance of others, works to coordinate the composition of concise, consistent, and clear policies and procedures to support the internal and external customers.
- Coordinate engagements with stakeholders to support the drafting/updating and reviews of policies, procedures, and guidance documentation.
- Partner on strategy and planning to drive the company’s mission, vision, and values relating to policies and communications.
- Engage in collaboration with department teams to identify the impact of certain updates on policies and procedures.
- Create a process for updating policies, train department leads, and oversee to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate regular meetings with department leads to discuss proposed policy documents and updates.
- Oversee a team of Human Resources professionals who are responsible for managing Human Resources compliance functions, including assess, control, and monitor HR and employment-related risk.
- Along with the HR Compliance team, ensure the Team Member Handbook and state supplements are annually reviewed by in-house counsel and acknowledged by team members.
- Provide regular guidance to the HR Compliance team members regarding compliance-related HR functions, such as I-9/E-Verify, wage and hour, drug testing, Motor Vehicle Record reports, and criminal background checks.
- Review and edit draft communications and documentation prepared by the HR Compliance team.
- Create and implement a process for tracking the policies in place for each department and the retention of historical documents.
- Lead the compliance policies and procedures life cycle management efforts; draft and/or modify documents that ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulatory requirements and promote a culture of compliance.
- Oversee other risk management projects, audit, and initiatives as required.
- Attend classes/seminars to keep current with employment-related legislation and best practices in HR and compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Human Resources or related fields preferred
- 4+ years of experience in policy writing and procedural documentation, prefer experience in the field of Human Resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a multi-state organization preferred
- Able to plan, lead, and organize complex deliverables, and be able to guide complex problems objectively and effectively to resolution
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office products
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and multitasking abilities to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects
- Able to manage team members
- Ability and willingness to respond to team member concerns quickly and accurately
Our travel centers serve
thousands every day; not one traveler is the same and our team must reflect
that. We can "return every traveler to the road better than they
came" only by understanding and celebrating individualism. TravelCenters
of America is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless race, color, religion, creed, national
or ethnic origin, age, marital status, familial status, ancestry, sex, gender,
pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, mental or
physical disability, handicap, military service or Veteran status, genetic
information or membership in any other category protected by applicable
federal, state or local law. At TravelCenters of America, we invite everyone to
make themselves at home.
- Human Resources
- Microsoft Office