Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this newly created position, the Marketing Technology Senior Database Analyst will be responsible for supporting reporting and analysis needs of the marketing department. This includes working with source systems (Salesforce, Eloqua, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics), instantiating data to the marketing reporting data warehouse, building visualizations and reports and working with stakeholders. This role will need to develop a deep understanding of the Advisory Board business and develop strong relationships with key business stakeholders across both Optum and Advisory Board to support the marketing department’s optimization efforts.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Maintain and Continually Optimize Eloqua:
- Create disciplined approach to technology management, use and improvement. Act as a senior technical consultant to help users develop and execute campaigns effectively. Integrate multiple systems to ensure comprehensive member and prospect database. Coordinate with legal and compliance partners to share best practices with users. Streamline, audit and productionalize shared assets (e.g. filters, lists, segments, content) to expedite and improve campaign builds
- Translate Business Priorities into Marketing Technology Design Strategy and Execute Accordingly:
- Develop deep understanding of Advisory Board systems to identify opportunities for integration and transparency via marketing technology and analytics. Identify critical priorities – both near- and long-term, and craft and execute corresponding project plans around technical integration and downstream reporting. Infuse business priorities into day-to-day work prioritization to most critical strategic business needs are always prioritized
- Maintain System Performance, Streamline Work and Ensure Interoperability:
- Address and help resolve issues and problems quickly. Develop network available to assist in issue remediation and proactive issue avoidance, including Oracle customer support team, internal Optum technical resources and other technical partners across Advisory Board. Seek feedback from key internal and external stakeholders. Monitor performance against internal and/or external Service Level Agreements. Conduct regular meetings with relevant internal stakeholders to review and discuss updates and outstanding issues. Work will include implementation of technical fixes, changes, upgrades to multiple systems
- Cross Division Collaboration – within both Advisory Board and Optum, as well as with external Partners:
- Develop and manage relationships with critical internal Advisory Board and Optum stakeholders including Marketing, Product Management, Content Strategy, Commercial and Content teams – to incorporate their knowledge and needs into system design and work prioritization. Develop robust and accountable relationships with critical external partners
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience working with sales and/or marketing teams in an analytics role
- 2+ year hands-on experience with reporting platforms such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics
- 2+ years and visualization platforms, such as Domo and/or Tableau
- Experience working with SQL and/or other relational database systems
- Experience working with stakeholders to coordinate reporting and analytics requirements, projects, or technical issues, and ad hoc requests
- Experience influencing in a highly matrixed environment
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to managing deadlines
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Ability to work well across the enterprise, fostering key relationships within Optum and UnitedHealth Group
- Ability to facilitate discussion around technical trade-offs and decision across both business and IT users
- Proven experience establishing and maintaining relationships with diverse array of stakeholders
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Marketing Technology Sr Database Analyst, Advisory Board Research, Washington, DC, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote