Why Join Altec?
Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and servicing of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world. Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence.
Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision.
Building on over 90 years of growth …
There’s never been a better time to join us!
Our auction subsidiary, JJ Kane, currently has an opening for a Customer Service Representative in our offices located in the Inverness area in Birmingham, AL. The ideal candidate will have a strong focus on Customer Satisfaction, working to ensure our outside customers, vendors, consignors, buyers, suppliers, as well as internal customers are happy with our results.
Sign up for VIRTUAL INTERVIEWS that will be done on October 5th, 6th and 7th.
Click on the blue link below to sign up for a guaranteed interview.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Customer Service Representative
JJ Kane auctions all types of used equipment including: bucket trucks, digger derricks, construction equipment, back hoes, skid steers, mini excavators, tractor crawlers, dozers, fleet cars and more! We encourage you to check out our company websites to explore our company's strong history. Please go to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Customer Service Representative, and [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Customer Service Representative to learn more.
Major Responsibilities May Include:
- Interacts directly with customers in a professional manner;
- Handles timed auction payouts, interacting with consignors
- Authorizes purchase orders for Service Centers and other Suppliers
- Handles AP review for timed auction invoices
- Review photos from Service Centers and third-party holding yards
- Audit items in AIM to funnel to correct workflow status
- Work with Managers to:
- Create and maintain streamline processes to record lot issues from buyers for review
- Create and maintain database to track lot issues after the sale to improve quality
- Create and maintain database to track refund issues
- Participates in RCI events as requested
- Demonstrates consistent progress towards proficiency in areas of training (defined by training objectives document)
- Attends classroom and online training sessions to enhance skills and build knowledge
- All other duties as assigned
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience in customer service, sales or marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree will be considered in lieu of 2 years of experience
- Title experience preferred
- PC Skills using spreadsheets, word processing, and other office management applications required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently to manage their time and tasks
- Mechanical aptitude, product or industry knowledge preferred
- Must demonstrate the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines while producing quality work
- Demonstrated Customer and People Skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
• Customer first • Enjoyment of work • Family • Financial stability • Integrity
• People are our greatest strength • Quality • Spiritual development • Teamwork
Altec also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
- Word Processor
- Verbal Communication
- Self Motivation
- Stress Management