To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbus, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Government Relations Analyst
TSYS • Columbus, GA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Analyzes and evaluates the impact of government policies and regulations on the organization's activities and objectives. Researches, interprets, and analyzes proposed changes to regulations or government policy and prepares reports on how these changes may impact the organization. Prepares materials for meetings and other events involving government representatives to include executive summaries, point-papers, and talking points. Assists in the coordination of campus tours and meetings with elected officials and their staff. Directs inquiries from government representatives about the organization and its activities to a Subject Matter Expert (SME), as needed.
What Part Will You Play?
- Supports the Government Relations (GR) team by performing a pre-defined limit of research of legislative/ regulatory actions, more localized to the company's headquartered region and/or state, that directly impact the organization. Provides research results to greater GR team for further analysis, review, and inclusion in informational products.
- Performs impact analysis for localized region/state, prepares a preliminary evaluation of potential impact to the company and presents to GR team for review. Assists and becomes familiar with broader scope impact evaluations by gathering and reviewing data for the greater GR team.
- Performs administrative duties for the GR team to include fielding calls, coordinating travel, assisting with event planning, managing distribution lists and preparing and coordinating materials and filing of reports. Assists in the recordkeeping associated with the organization's Political Action Committee (PAC).
- Utilizes the resources made available in automated tools to provide to the greater GR team in preparations for projects. Tracks legislation via an internal database to keep GR team abreast of the organization's status on pending legislation.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: political science, economics, communications, law, public relations or equivalent; additional relevant experience in lieu of degree considered
- Typically No Related Experience Required
- Typically Minimum 2 years relevant experience payments and financial services industry
- Masters preferred
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Learns to use professional concepts. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Builds stable working relationships internally.
- Supervision - Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
- Research Techniques - Fundamental research concepts; knowledge of research methodologies and practical applications; basic statistical techniques
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.