Thrall Enterprises Inc. (TEI) is adding a Staff Accountant to our team. We are seeking an analytical, detail-oriented individual that will be responsible for key accounting functions. This position will report to the Manager of Corporate Finance. The ideal candidate for this position will possess general accounting knowledge, including; accounts payable, balance sheet reconciliation experience, understanding the process of making journal entries, the timeline and activities related to month-end close and constructing financial statements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, prepare supporting documentation and prepare appropriate entries.
- Assist in monthly and year-end closings.
- Assist in the preparation of the financial audit work-papers.
- Provide business units with month-end inter-company billing memos.
- Download reports from the banking system and record activity into the general ledger system.
- Prepare weekly and monthly cash report for management.
- Create and approve wire and ACH payments in the bank’s on-line system.
- Review invoices for proper approval, distribute costs to proper general ledger accounts and processes accounts payable checks including expense reports for TEI office.
- Prepare all accounts payable reports and maintain proper documentation for accounts payable.
- Update accounts payable system with new vendor information.
- Update and maintain fixed asset database system.
- File annual reports with State agencies. Maintain comprehensive listing to insure all reports are filed on a timely basis.
- Protect organization’s integrity by keeping information confidential.
- Perform job according to pre-established safety, quality, and efficiency standard operating procedures.
- Assist with other duties or projects as directed by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting strongly preferred.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in a similar role.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Excel; general understanding of relational database structures and comfortable working with ERP software systems (i.e. Infor, SAP, Oracle).
- Proactive analytical thinker with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good team player with the ability to operate with cross-functional teams.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to reconcile data discrepancies.
- Ability to independently find solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing, environment.
- Self-motivated with effective time management skills; manage multiple tasks concurrently, prioritize effectively, and meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
This position will be working at our office in downtown Chicago.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles