Thrall Enterprises Inc. (TEI) is adding a Staff Accountant to our team. We are seeking an analytical, detail-oriented individual that will be responsible for key accounting functions. This position will report to the Manager of Corporate Finance. The ideal candidate for this position will possess general accounting knowledge, including; accounts payable, balance sheet reconciliation experience, understanding the process of making journal entries, the timeline and activities related to month-end close and constructing financial statements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, prepare supporting documentation and prepare appropriate entries.
- Assist in monthly and year-end closings.
- Assist in the preparation of the financial audit work-papers.
- Provide business units with month-end inter-company billing memos.
- Download reports from the banking system and record activity into the general ledger system.
- Prepare weekly and monthly cash report for management.
- Create and approve wire and ACH payments in the bank’s on-line system.
- Review invoices for proper approval, distribute costs to proper general ledger accounts and processes accounts payable checks including expense reports for TEI office.
- Prepare all accounts payable reports and maintain proper documentation for accounts payable.
- Update accounts payable system with new vendor information.
- Update and maintain fixed asset database system.
- File annual reports with State agencies. Maintain comprehensive listing to insure all reports are filed on a timely basis.
- Protect organization’s integrity by keeping information confidential.
- Perform job according to pre-established safety, quality, and efficiency standard operating procedures.
- Assist with other duties or projects as directed by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting strongly preferred.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in a similar role.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Excel; general understanding of relational database structures and comfortable working with ERP software systems (i.e. Infor, SAP, Oracle).
- Proactive analytical thinker with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good team player with the ability to operate with cross-functional teams.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to reconcile data discrepancies.
- Ability to independently find solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing, environment.
- Self-motivated with effective time management skills; manage multiple tasks concurrently, prioritize effectively, and meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
This position will be working at our office in downtown Chicago.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: STAFF01092
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
View the full profile
Nazdar's story began in 1922 in the back of a small store in Chicago. Nazdar's transformation from these humble beginnings to one of the world's leading manufacturers of screen printing inks is the story of the emergence of the screen printing industry itself.
Throughout the 1930's, 1940's and 1950's, what was then Naz-Dar focused on developing new inks to meet the increasingly sophisticated demands of screen printers. The growth of the plastics industry was a major factor in the expanded use of screen printing in the 1950's and 1960's. During this period the Company's first extensive R&D programs were established to keep pace with the rapidly increasing demand for higher performance screen printing products.
In the 1960's and 70's, relationships were established with the core of Nazdar's distribution network. Through this network Nazdar now serves the US and international markets with distribution that brings Nazdar's family of imaging products to Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, Asia, and Australia.
In 1982, Naz-Dar acquired KC Coatings. By combining the industry's most popular ink lines, most extensive distribution, and most advanced R&D capabilities under one name, the acquisition ensured that the new Naz-Dar/KC would always be at the forefront of innovative research and product development.
In 1993, the Company acquired the ink and supplies division of Advance Process Supply Company. As a symbol of the successful unification of its acquisitions, the Company simplified its identity and became Nazdar.
Anticipating the acceptance of digital technology in the screen printing market, in 1995, Nazdar established Nazdar Digital, dedicated to serving the needs of the large format digital printing industry.
In 1997, Nazdar acquired the Canadian company, Ink Dezyne, and intensified the already successful development of digital inks for large format printers. This culminated with the highly successful launch of NDI Series digital inks in 2001.
From its humble beginnings, Nazdar has grown into one of the major international manufacturers and distributors of screen printing inks, supplies and equipment . The Company's strong commitment to research, customer service, and quality ensures that all of the ink, supply and equipment needs of a graphics imaging business can be met in one place — Nazdar.