58 Baribeau Dr.
For a limited time MaineHealth is offering sign on bonuses for Personal Support Specialists (PSS):
* 0-1 years of experience eligible for $2,500 (full time)
* 1+ years of experience eligible for $4,000 (full time)
* Eligible candidates are hired (offer accepted) into a Full or Part time PSS position. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires, per diem hires are ineligible.
* Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months separation from employment.
* The PSS (Personal Support Specialist) is responsible for providing excellent, resident-centered, personal care. This care includes assistance with showering/bathing, dressing, toileting and mobility. In addition, the PSS will help with meal service, laundry, housekeeping and other tasks as assigned. The successful candidate is a compassionate, patient caregiver with high energy and a strong desire to make a positive difference in the lives of our residents.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: High school diploma preferred; at least 18 years old.
* License/Certifications: PSS certification
* Experience: Prior long-term care experience preferred.
* Exhibit mature responsible behavior.
* Understand and practice resident confidentiality.
* Able to read, write and speak English.
* Able to follow direction and accurately report to the Registered Nurse (or appropriate designee) any changes in resident condition.
* Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
* Must have an acceptable criminal background check.
MaineHealth was ranked a Best-In-State Employer in 2021 and one of America's Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, "Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America." MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Long Term Care