About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
Position Summary: The Plant Operator is responsible for operating, monitoring, repairing, and performing preventative maintenance on plant equipment in assigned location(s). Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Repairs heating plant equipment such as: pumps, compressors, reducing stations, and heat exchangers.
- Performs annual maintenance overhauls on all applicable equipment
- Repairs air conditioning, heating, plumbing, plumbing, and electrical systems as required
- Monitors running equipment, reads and records log entries; i.e., temperatures, pressures, flows, etc.
- Labels various mechanical equipment by name, function, flow, etc.
- Performs plant operations, equipment operations, service and preventative maintenance work as assigned
- Monitors and logs information from meters, gages, equipment controls, valve conditions, switch settings, and the energy management and control systems in accordance with assigned procedures
- Performs assigned chemical tests of various water sources, documents results, and makes adjustments in accordance with assigned procedures
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Knowledge and experience in repair and general maintenance of heating, electrical, plumbing and carpentry required
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to follow safety procedures and precautions due to physical risks
- Requires frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling
- Requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.