To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
8403 Fallbrook Avenue
Canoga Park, CA 91304
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Histotechnician II - CA - West Hills, CA req25814
Quest Diagnostics • Canoga Park, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
- Under general supervision and according to policies and procedures, performs routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides, for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s)
- Capable of performing all of the duties/responsibilities of a Histotechnician I.
- Ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples.
- Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
- Ensure proper tissue processing.
- Embed processed tissue in paraffin.
- Perform microtomy of embedded tissue.
- Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
- Perform coverslipping of stained slides either manually or automated
- Prepare solutions and reagents for special stain procedures.
- Perform special stain procedures.
- Train and perform limited immunohistochemistry staining under the general supervision of a qualified histotechnologist, technical supervisor or other qualified pathologist.
- Prepare immunohistochemistry solutions and reagents for IHC procedures under the direct supervision of a qualified technologist, technical supervisor or other qualified pathologist.
- Perform filing of finished blocks and slides.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment and troubleshoot minor equipment failures.
- Document remedial actions such as repairs and repeated tests.
- Adhere to laboratory’s quality control policies, and document all quality control activities.
- Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
- A.A., A.S. degree and one year of experience within the last 10 years, OR H.S. education or equivalent and 5 years full-time acceptable experience as a Histotechnician within the last 10 years.
- HT (ASCP) or ASCP eligible OR five years of full time experience in the last 10 years
- Meets all requirements as outlined in corporate Minimum Qualifications for Histotechnician SOP.
- If performing Immunohistochemistry testing, meet all requirements as outlined in corporate Minimum Qualifications for Personnel Performing Immunohistochemistry Testing SOP. State of California