To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Addison, TX
- Solis Mammography
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Insurance Verification Specialist
Solis • Addison, TX
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is responsible for insurance verification of patient benefits relating to services provided at Solis Mammography in addition to other Patient Accounts duties. Duties include accurate verification of patient insurance benefits and estimated patient responsibility, providing patient financial counseling, providing exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
RESULTS MEASURED BY THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides insurance network status information to patients within 24 hours of patient inquiry, when requested;
- Contacts insurance companies by phone, verification software, or other internet resources to obtain patient benefit and eligibility information;
- Performs thorough and accurate insurance verifications in a timely and efficient manner;
- Identifies important patient and/or demographic information that is missing or inaccurate and enter notes in the patient's exam window requesting corrected information;
- Obtains pre-authorizations or pre-certifications, when required;
- Calculates estimated patient responsibility based on current insurance benefits and up-to-date fee schedule;
- Provides an explanation of potential financial obligations to the patient, when necessary;
- Counsels patients on payment options for their estimated responsibility;
- Enters notes into the patient's exam window in the RIS system to ensure accurate communication to the patient and collection at the center;
- Coordinates with center team members to ensure that delivery of out-of-pocket estimates is accurate;
- Performs re-verifications of patient's insurance, when necessary;
- Assists manager to resolve patient concerns, when necessary;
- Informs manager of insurance network status changes;
- Pre-registers patients when necessary;
- Follows all company policies and guidelines;
- Maintains HIPAA compliance at all times;
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma;
- Skilled in computer applications including MS Office;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organization skills;
- Ability to work independently with limited or no supervision;
- The ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible but focused;
- Outstanding customer service skills; internal and external.