To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cherry Hill, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
RN Case Management Manager
Corvel • Cherry Hill, NJ
Posted 1 month ago
CorVel Corporation is looking for a self-motivated, energetic and independent nurse to fill a Manager position in the Case Management department in the state of New Jersey. Come and be a new member of an exciting team where teamwork, integrity, commitment are the core of our professional team.
The Manager of Case Management is responsible for the total operation of their designated department(s) and/or office(s), which may include one or more of the following functions: human resources, operations, financial performance (profit and loss), customer service, and sales management.
Requirements and Skills:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing, BSN required.
- Current unencumbered RN Licensure in state of operation
- 5 or more years of recent clinical experience, preferably in rehabilitation.
- National certification (CRC, CDMS, CRRN, CVE, CCM, COHN, ONC), CCM preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in management or supervision.
- Responsible for financial operations, including but not limited to: productivity, profitability, expenses, budgeting, billing, collections and day-to-day operations.
- Responsible for new business development, including marketing and sales activities.
- Responsible for quality of service provided.
- Responsible for human resources matters.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- Ability to remain poised in stressful situations and communicate diplomatically via telephone, computer, fax, correspondence, etc.
- Ability to skillfully manage multiple, complex projects and competing priorities concurrently while working under pressure to meet deadlines and maintaining strong customer service orientation.
- Must have technical knowledge of the laws, policies, and procedures in defined territory.
- May perform daily, weekly, monthly reviews of various reports, invoices, logs and expenses.
- Will be required to oversee case management clinical activities.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent skills in using technology, proficient in keyboarding; knowledgeable in Microsoft applications, Outlook, iPhone.
Competitive salary within the industry with bonus potential, full complement of benefits, company provided equipment, and supportive working environment.
Come be a part of something special; come be a part of CorVel.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant\u0027s or employee\u0027s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses. Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.