Embedded Software Architect - ADAS
Auburn Hills, MI
Job Summary of the Embedded Software Architect - ADAS
Our client, a leading name in ADAS technology development, is looking for Software Architect who will be responsible for selecting, defining/creating, and communicating the software architecture of the embedded software that is compliant with system architecture. This is a high-profile position, where you will be making critical decisions on projects that will help shape the vehicle system market.
This is a full-time, direct hire role with one of the world's leading providers of innovative automotive technologies. They offer an opportunity to work on the industry's premier active driving projects, along with multiple growth paths for the future.
Responsibilities of the Software Architect ADAS
- Development (design, implement, test and debug) of core and/or application specific software requirements for automotive embedded electronic module serial production projects
- Develop software in compliance with a formal ASPICE/CMMi based Global Product Engineering Process (GPEP).
- Support rest of the functional disciplines with all aspects related to software architecture
- Perform work assignments as a highly competent software engineer, requiring independent design, implementation and testing of the software components
- Work assignments primarily involve intermediate through advanced level work, moving toward complete technical competency and mastery of the field.
- Define, document, and communicate the software architecture
- Ensure all software project team is using it correctly
- Make sure the software and system architectures are in synchronization
- Make sure that the architecture is not only the right one for operations, but also for deployment and sustainment and only as complex as it needs to be in order to meet the system requirements and system architecture.
- Resolve disputes and make trade-offs and resolve technical problems
- Provide high level guidance and direction on project work, making sure that new application projects fit in with an overall software architecture and strategic vision
- Promote maximum allowable reuse of software architecture and components of the software architecture
- Participate in product line platform selection and system architecture definition.
Qualifications of the Software Architect ADAS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Software Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent
- Master’s highly preferred 4+ years of achitect-level experience in embedded software development
- A successful track record in the Responsibilities/Activities (listed above) for automotive electronics serial development projects (mandatory).
- Competent in the core frameworks used and must have a strong knowledge of the problem domain that their systems are meant to provide solutions for.
- Academic or practical experience is definition and design of software architectures for automotive projects.
- Ambassador between software engineering teams and system architects, and product lines
- Working knowledge in structured engineering approach and the development of portable, reusable and modular software in automotive environment.
- Experience in using a disciplined software development process based on ASPICE or CMMi process model
- Working knowledge of configuration management (preferably PTC/MKS), project monitoring and control techniques
- Troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Knowledge of structured problem solving (8D) methods and/or techniques
Compensation of the Software Architect ADAS
Salary Range- $120,000-140,000 /year.
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only (or TN)
- Automotive Industry
- Capability Maturity Model Integration
- Computer Engineering
- Configuration Management
- Conflict Resolution