Location Bold Catering & Design - Design Description
The Event Designer is responsible for the creation and execution of premium designs for Bold Catering & Design. They are expected to represent and act as a role model on behalf of Bold Catering & Design in accordance with the values, purpose and mission and objectives of the company, while driving Bold Catering & Design to become Atlanta's premier event design company. Together with the Floral and Production teams, they will ensure consistently innovatively designed and profitable events.
This position will report directly to both the General Manager (GM) and the Director of Sales (DOS).
GM: Company objectives, profitability targets, event design, product quality& logistical execution
DOS: Individual Sales and Production targets, inventory, closings and individual Business Plan objectives.
The Event Designer will create and drive added value on both social and corporate segment event designs, premium venue environments and luxury decor product sales. As a creative leader, the Event Designer is expected to advise and cross pollinate on new trends, best practices and promote brand awareness, business development and industry reputation.
This position requires deep industry network and relationships, a proven track record of contemporary designs at a leading event company or design studio, and a stellar creative outlook on event production in a high volume, high paced environment. The Event Designer needs to generate business leads and account activation on a short term basis; an existing client portfolio is preferable and highly sought after. Submission of a design portfolio will be requested during the interview process.
* Creates and implements innovative event design concepts and experiences.
* Creates story boards to include floor plans, rendering, sample fabric, photos.
* Responsible for concept and proposal development, research, sourcing, and pricing to create profitable events to meet client needs and exceed gross profit margins.
* Provides clients with innovative and timely proposals exhibiting thorough knowledge of their needs as pertains to budget and all aspects of the event design.
* Stays current on industry and design trends
* Responsible for writing, sending and receiving contracts.
* Assists in choosing elements that should be showcased for prototypes
* Knowledgeable about event venues, i.e., the rules, load in/out times and limitations when drafting proposals
* Responsible for attending site tours and inspections on an as need basis with client and other vendors
* Manage relationships with vendors, venues and clients
* Responsible for Caterease data entry
* Able to assess appropriately client needs.
* Closes on sales in accordance with BAED expectations and standards.
* Responsible for consistently meeting weekly, monthly and annual budgeted sales objectives as well as inventory, proposal and strategic relationship goals.
* Responsible for understanding and clearly articulating BAED company identity, concept, event value and options to clients and vendors.
* Responsible for securing deposits and payments associated with contracts and following up with clients regarding A/R and overdue balances.
* Responsible for reporting on all production and sales forecasting and other information requested by the management team at the frequency needed.
* Represent Bold Catering & Design and actively participate in professional organizations (NACE, WIPA, MPI, etc.) by networking in accordance to individual and department business plan objectives. Design, set up and attend promotional opportunities (client events, kiosks, trade shows, etc.)
* Responsible for developing a client base resulting in maximum repeat business.
* Develop strategic relationships with vendors and venues to generate referral business.
* Cultivate and establish strategic relationships with top accounts, targeted accounts and referring sources, through regularly scheduled follow-up and appointments.
* Responsible for fielding all incoming calls/inquiries and responding within 24 hours (ideally within 4 hours).
* Responsible for scheduling appointments and coordinating meetings to discuss details and requirements for events.
* Effectively communicate with client on all specifications for their event.
* Responsible for attending site tours and inspections on an as needed basis with designer and event coordinator
* Arrive on-site around two hours after load in to assist with the set up/final layout of the event design.
* Ensure support to operational and floral teams, feedback to Event Coordinators potential issues.
* Make presence known to client during event install and available to solve issues and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if needed.
* Ensure the final event design is as proposed.
* Attend meetings on a weekly basis, prepare meeting topics and promote team work.
* Answer any design questions and actively partner with the floral and production teams during the production process to problem solve, preserve profitability and product quality.
* Attend Sales Meetings, accurately report on sales objectives and business development.
Regular operating hours with Bold Catering & Design Events is 9:00am to 5:30pm. However, this is a commission based position requiring flexible hours and days due to the nature of the event industry.
About the Organization Consider a career with Fifth Group Restaurants or Bold Catering & Design companies with more than 25 years of experience working with the finest and most successful people in Atlanta's hospitality industry. Beyond that, we want it to be your home away from home; your #FGRfamily away from family. We invite you to be a part of a team where your co-workers care about your advancement as much as their own. Be a success. Be amazing. Be a FifthGrouper.
Working for us has its benefits. Some of our benefits (depending on your role) include:
* Paid time off
* Medical, dental, life, vision, and supplemental insurance
* 401(k) retirement plan with company matching funds
* Generous bonus plans
* Restaurant discounts and company-provided family meals
* Flex-spending and dependent-care accounts
* Cash-reward referral program
* Work anniversary gifts
Enjoy a harmonious work/life balance.
* Flexible schedules
* Collaborative work environment
* Opportunities to work for our catering company and other restaurants
We'll quench your thirst for knowledge. Learning opportunities such as...
* Detailed and ongoing training in hospitality, wine and spirits, and food-pairing Position Requirements
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience in hospitality or/and event sales.
* Competent in all areas of the sales process
* Setting appointments
* Writing contracts and closing sales
* Meeting sales and production targets
* Payments and collections
* Post-event/client follow-up
* Cultivating strong client relationships and strategic relationships
* Managing administrative tasks efficiently
* Competent in all aspects of event design and creative proposal writing
* Ability to concept and execute different types of designs and themes
* Working knowledge of event floral and décor products.
* Advanced Computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Photoshop
* Caterease, Social Tables experience preferred
* Basic understanding of FOH & BOH event operational procedures.
* Knowledge and experience with space planning for a variety of venues and room configurations
* Knowledgeable of P&L statements with regard to cost of sales and budgeted mark ups
* Remains abreast of current trends in design and events industry
* Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and listening skills)
* Proactive problem solving abilities
Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Req Number BOL-22-00086
- Active Listening
- Adobe Photoshop
- Brand Awareness
- Business Development
- Business Planning