• Manage the preparation, implementation, and maintenance of a Quality Management System that complies with IATF-16949; ISO 14001; customer requirements, and company policies and procedures.
•Develops / reviews / revises plant level quality system documents such as PFMEAs, control plans, work instructions, records, etc.
•Maintains plant equipment and gauge calibration schedule including budgets
•Act as the facility management representative managing IATF 16949 certification activities including being the authority on IATF 16949 requirements.
• Interface with customers, suppliers, partners, and internal stakeholders in both the plant and at customer locations to enhance their perception
•Facilitate customer visits, Quality audits, and inspections as appropriate to demonstrate compliance.
•Actively monitor and report on key customer satisfaction metrics (Claim, Customer PPM, warranty IPTV etc.)
•Coordinate the customer part approval process and any corresponding annual customer requirements.
•Periodic visit customers to build or maintain customer relationships.
• Receive and analyze customer complaints with support of cross-functional teams, for the implementation of actions in a timely manner.
•Provide leadership in the analysis and problem solving - with a focus on risk reduction and adequate analysis.
• Manage Final and In-Process inspections necessary to ensure Quality products to customers.
•Drive error-proofing solutions at the source to address issues found during inspections.
•Implements quality control guidelines and procedures to ensure that raw materials and finished goods comply with engineering and product specifications.
• Lead plant Supplier Quality activities to ensure the incoming Quality of purchased parts meets expectations.
• Manage the development and implementation of statistical feedback programs and attribute inspections required to effectively evaluate the Quality Management System. This includes the use of internal audits, LPA’s, PCA’s etc.
• Analyze organizational Quality metrics and perform Management Reviews to evaluate results and recommend countermeasures to close gaps at the operational level.
•Be a driving force in COPQ (Cost of Poor Quality) to reduce defects, scrap, sorting, and customer returns
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement to improve process control using tools such as 8D’s, Kaizen events, BPI’s, Six Sigma projects, and other problem solving activities.
• Develop and maintain an appropriate departmental budget and ensure the operation of the Quality Department within budget.
• As a member of the plant’s leadership team, the candidate is expected to provide leadership driving improvements to the plant.
• Evaluate the performance of the Quality Team such as Quality Engineers and hourly quality assurance associates, to facilitate performance management, training, promotions, job transfers, disciplinary action, etc.
• Assure conformance to all company policies and procedures
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an engineering or technical discipline from an accredited institution
• Five (5) years experience in quality, manufacturing or engineering
• Four (4) years management experience developing and leading strategic quality, manufacturing, or engineering projects
• Three (3) years leading direct reports
• Quality Management System knowledge and experience [IATF16949, ISO-9001, ISO 14001, Q1, BIQS, and VDA].
• Good hands-on problem solving abilities and data analysis skills using tools such as A3, 8-D, 5-Why, etc. (Six Sigma training preferred).
• IATF16949 and ISO 14001 auditor (or equivalent standards) preferred.
• Exhibit, promote, and encourage open, effective communication within and across departments and facilities.
• Present a professional image to both internal and external customers.
• Appropriately respond to requests and issues, enthusiastically initiate and support new ideas, adhere to safety and Company policies, and execute all tasks with excellence.
• Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; timely response to requests for assistance; and meets customer commitments.
• Possess organizational skills with the ability to use resource materials to manage multiple projects.
• Be enthusiastic, hard-working, results oriented with a can-do attitude.
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Iso 14000 Standard
International Automotive Task Force
Quality Management Systems