You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Healthcare Economics Consultant, Mental Health Parity - Remote
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As the Health Care Economics Consultant you will design and develop reports and analyze data to measure clinical and financial outcomes. You will investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and health care data. As the Consultant, you will interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources and recommend best approaches for its consolidation.
The Healthcare Economics Consultant will be at the forefront of efforts to innovate analytical approaches to support the Mental Health Parity efforts of the organization as well as standardize documentation, data and methodology.
The ideal candidate for this position will research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare data, provide management with statistical findings and conclusions, as well as identify potential areas for improvements.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and maintain flexible data stores and/or SAS and SQL programs to be used to quickly compile Medical Benefit Utilization Review data and metrics by market and/or nationally, for responses to Customer Requests
- Customize regulatory requests and reports, as needed, to accommodate regulator-specific requirements
- Using Medical Benefit Utilization Management and Claims data, prepare and deliver data and metrics to internal HCE leads responsible for preparing external-facing responses to requestors
- Extract, aggregate and perform quality assurance on applicable data from multiple sources and tables for the purpose of performing analyses
- Identify and implement appropriate analytic approaches/methodologies to analyze utilization and claims data
- Develop scorecards/dashboards and other visualizations to facilitate the understanding of data aggregates (e.g., utilization and performance reports)
- Share and explain SAS programs and coding logic for constructing standard metrics with internal UHG partners (e.g., peer Programmer Analysts across the organization)
- Maintain documentation and records of requests, custom specifications, versioning of deliverables and programs, and detail project status
- Full-time Telecommute, any location within the U.S.
- Hybrid/In Office - Cypress, CA Office Location (CA 120) or other UHG Office Location
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in quantitative analysis such as healthcare economics, statistics, economics, epidemiology, biostatistics, etc.
- 3+ years of experience performing analysis using large data sets from multiple relational databases
- 3+ years of Intermediate/Advanced level of programming in SAS
- 2+ years of proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop, document, and communicate policies, analytical designs, and results to leadership. lay audiences, and analytics
- Experience managing multiple competing priorities, non-negotiable timelines as well as high-frequency and quick turn-around requests
- Intermediate/Advanced level of proficiency working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal guidance and track tasks daily
- Advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) with emphasis in quantitative analysis such as healthcare economics, statistics, economics, epidemiology, biostatistics, etc.
- 3+ years of experience working with health care data and analyzing large healthcare data sets
- Experience using SQL to extract data from platforms/datastores such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, Teradata, Snowflake etc.
- Experience in areas such as Mental Health Parity, regulatory compliance monitoring and working with regulatory bodies
- Experience working with visualization tools like Microsoft Power BI and Tableau Demonstrated ability to develop, document, and communicate policies, analytical designs, and results to leadership, lay audiences, and analysts
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
•All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Big Data
- Claim Processing
- Computer Programming
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2141098
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.