Icon has an immediate need for a Senior Systems Analyst for a 12 month contract in Austin, TX (78754). This position pays up to $70/hour depending on experience, to be discussed with Icon.
This role is primarily responsible for the analysis and documentation of the current state of various technical environments across multiple architecture domains. Partners with business analysts, architects and engineers in information gathering and documenting findings. Also responsible for rendering, documenting or otherwise elaborating planned future states of various environments. Uses tools to produce technical documentation in various formats including but not limited to spreadsheets, visualizations, workflows, network diagrams and data maps. Works collaboratively with a team of analysts and architects to build a "big picture" view of organizational technology architecture in its current state and planned future states.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Working with existing staff to understand and document the current state of the application, data integration and infrastructure environments.
* Soliciting input from subject matter experts by requesting documentation, leading meetings and hosting workshops.
* Validating findings with the appropriate stakeholders.
* Identifying potential shortcomings in current design and suggesting improvements.
* Owning and sharing technical artifacts with key stakeholders.
* Responsible for creating and maintaining current and future state documentation.
* Knowledge of key concepts of application architecture
* Knowledge of data integration best practices
* Excellent process flow documentation skills
* General understanding of application development methodologies, data sharing, infrastructure, cloud, and network architectures
* Ability to analyze complex information sets and communicate that information in a clear well thought out and well laid out manner.
* Ability to document complex environments so that the documentation is easily digestible by others.
* Ability to communicate at varying levels of detail (30,000 ft. view, 10,000 ft. view, granular level) and to produce corresponding documentation at varying levels of abstraction.
* Ability to understand the long-term ( "big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
* Excellent attention to detail is required
* Must be very well organized and able to communicate with others in a structured organized fashion
* Ability to quickly acclimate to a new environment and quickly comprehend the intricacies of that environment's technology architecture.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships, including the ability to coordinate work with others.
* Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
* Ability to maintain an established work schedule.
* Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
* Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
* Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
Required Work Experience
* 5 years related work experience.
* Ability to quickly learn and master the following tools: Microsoft Visio, Lucidchart, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Asana
Preferred Work Experience
* Five years of experience working specifically with technical documentation, requirements gathering or requirements building at the system level (table, field, network/ hardware component level)
* Three or more years of experience working in a similar capacity in an in-house software development environment
* Three or more years working directly with technical teams
* Adept at using the following tools and platforms: Microsoft Visio, Lucidchart, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Asana, Box, Google Suite
* Bachelor's degree computer science or related field, or equivalent related IT experience.
* Special Requirements
* ITIL Certification Preferred.
* Must have a valid driver's license
* Physical Requirements
* Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment.
Provide Technical Assistance
Software Development Life Cycle