The Software Engineer III’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of the achievement of Patterson software requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Software Engineer III will also lead the research, design, documentation and modification of software specifications throughout the development life cycle.
- Collaborate with clients, developers and other team members in the conceptualization and development of new or existing software applications.
- Define, develop, and document software business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users and stakeholders.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as needed.
- Execute software testing on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors and general debugging.
Agile Team Work
- Participate in and may lead the definition of software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Perform and may lead program turnover to production support and customers upon completion of development, testing, and documentation.
- Help mentor Software Engineer peers through technical advice and reference.
- Provide Level 2 support for incoming incident tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues.
- Partner with other Engineers in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, or area of functional responsibility preferred, or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- At least 5 years of programming experience required. Should have prior experience within various platforms and languages
- Knowledge of all aspects of application development and project life cycles, including Agile applications
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices
- Fluency in object oriented programming and design
- Extensive database and operating systems experience
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
- Ability to develop and maintain software products written in different languages and platforms
- Familiarity with corporate governance, business cases, and return on investment concepts
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Software Engineer 3 *remote*
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
Why Join Patterson?
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program.
Click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Software Engineer 3 *remote* to see what it’s like to be a part of our winning team! Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
- Production Support
- Software Testing
- Software Development
- Application Development