Services for the UnderServed (SUS) is a New York-based nonprofit organization that provides housing and support services to 25,000 individuals and their families living in New York City and Long Island. SUS believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose.
For more than 35 years, SUS has been transforming this belief into reality by working as an advocate for people with life circumstances marked by intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health challenges, poverty, & histories of incarceration and/or trauma.
We drive scalable solutions to transform the lives of people with disabilities, people in poverty and people facing homelessness: solutions that contribute to righting societal imbalances. Our commitment to continuous quality improvement impacts the lives of our clients and communities while contributing to the development of our employees.
As part of the Mental Health team, SUS seeks a Licensed Registered Nurse with in the state of New York to provide nursing services within interdisciplinary mobile ACT team.
- Conducts physical health assessments.
- Assesses the health needs of participants and makes the appropriate referrals to community based medical care.
- Manages and administers medication as required.
- Provides a range of treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to the participants.
- Meets regularly with each participant to assess health status
- Provides health management education
- Review treatment and medication history
- Communicates with the participant’s primary medical provider to coordinate medical treatment
- When necessary refers them to appropriate services as determined as a result of their assessment.
- Advocate on behalf of participants regarding medical treatment as needed
- Provide training to program staff on disease, treatment options, and new advances in disease management.
- Responsibility for documentation of services provided particularly in development of service plans.
- Responsible for ensuring and documenting revisions to the plan as the participant’s needs change
- Advocating for the rights and preferences of the participant whenever possible
- Participate in an on-call rotation on weekends 24/7
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays
- NYS Licensed Registered RN
- Experience working with the seriously and persistently mentally ill ideally in community-based settings is preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Word/Excel. Ability to research material via the internet.
- Bilingual in any language a plus not required.
SUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER