To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reston, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Corporate Tax (Federal Research)
Navient • Reston, VA
Posted 9 days ago
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Manager, Corporate Tax is responsible for assisting with federal tax research, planning, compliance, and audits.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Manage federal tax research, planning, and compliance function
- Perform tax research/planning activities as needed
- Prepare/review book-tax differences on a quarterly/annual basis
- Track new developments in tax law and accounting
- Draft responses for federal audit information requests
2. Tax Department Support and Internal Control Process Design and Testing
- Support state/local tax teams as needed
- Assist in developing/reviewing federal tax compliance policies
- Assist in testing internal controls
- Bachelor’s Degree – Accounting
- 5+ years overall experience in tax/accounting
- Tax research/writing experience in a corporate tax department
- Experience in federal corporate income taxation
- CPA or CPA eligible/JD/or MST
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task while working under tight deadlines
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience with financial institutions
- Experience with tax accounting under ASC 740
- Experience with OneSource Tax Calendar and Tax Provision systems
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Workday