You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Cloud Engineer
Who we are:
Auction Edge is the automotive remarketing industry’s leading provider of technology and services to independent auctions, dealers, and corporate remarketers. With 230 independent auction customers and millions of cars processed per year, Auction Edge is uniquely positioned to serve the competitive needs of the independent auction community. To learn more, visit www.auctionedge.com.
We are looking for a Sr. Cloud Engineer to join our collaborative DevOps team as a full time hybrid employee in one of our office locations or as a full-time remote employee. In this role, you will provide ongoing support and enhancements to our hybrid cloud environments, and infrastructure. This is a pivotal role that will help us modernize the automotive remarketing industry.
What you’ll find on the DevOps team at Auction Edge is the opportunity to solve challenges across the organization in platform design and tooling. If building the platform that enables our latest applications and helps developers be able to do their daily jobs interests you, then this will be a great opportunity. The DevOps team is responsible for several internal applications and deployments that keep our cloud and on-prem systems in sync, as well as supporting other development teams with systems infrastructure.
- Evangelize automation, DevOps best practices, and enterprise IT infrastructure
- Execute maintenance, development, and troubleshooting of our cloud/on-prem hybrid distributed architecture platform
- A Linux based on-prem application platform, using IoT-like design patterns, enabling a variety of new and innovative capabilities driving new product functionality
- Change Data Capture (CDC) platform tooling and operations automation
- Aid multiple teams in the development of Infrastructure as Code
- Work on AWS account separation, migration and environment capabilities
- Perform Linux system maintenance
- Develop the tooling and processes to aid in building a team on call support rotation to handle early morning checks, improve observability, etc.
- Regularly perform Relational Database Services (RDS) upgrades
- Build and maintain internal tooling systems to support and improve organizational needs:
- Slack commands
- Internal services and APIs that help drive support, monitoring, alerting, etc
- OpenTelemetry collectors and infrastructure to support an internal platform for observability
- Responsible for participating in IT change management and asset management processes
- Provides expert guidance and leadership to less-experienced cloud services personnel
- May serve as a task or project leader and may consult with executives and customers to deliver complex cloud-based solutions
- Participate in continuous improvement planning for cloud operations, including technology reviews, root cause analysis, action reports analysis, and cloud portfolio review to ensure adequate infrastructure to provide a suitable operating environment(s) for critical applications
- Other IT duties as assigned
- General systems troubleshooting and understanding of overall architecture
- Ability to travel as needed
- Extensive AWS experience (EC2, Lambda, RDS, Fargate, Route53, VPC, CloudFront, AppSync, API Gateway, Cognito, CloudWatch, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, S3, etc.)
- 4-6 years of professional experience in infrastructure architecture and development Terraform, Ansible, Docker, and other related technologies
- Knowledge of Linux system administration, maintenance, and deployment
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Experience with modern observability solutions, allowing the management of “cattle, not pets” and other ephemeral distributed processing technologies
- Ability to manage multiple tasks across several projects
- Highly motivated and self directed
- Excellent analytical, planning, organizational, and technical skills
- Understanding of emerging technology trends/disruptions and their practical application to new and existing technologies
- Excellent understanding of application support and development methodologies, infrastructure, and network
- Good understanding of product management, agile principles and development methodologies and capability of supporting agile teams by providing guidance on opportunities, impact, and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan with employer match of 50% up to 6%
- 20 days of accrued PTO
- 12 Flex Days per year (one three-day weekend per month)
- 8 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, and 1 paid volunteer day per year
- Up to $100 Monthly Wellbeing Reimbursement Program (gym membership, personal training, massage therapy, therapy apps, and many other options)
- Education Reimbursement Program up to $4,000 per 12-month period
*Salary range for Colorado residents is $130,000-$140,000*
- Accounts Payable
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon Cloudfront
- Amazon Dynamo Db
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g34x57d
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.