You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Availability: Morning, Afternoon, Evening (Includes Weekends).
Age Requirement: Must be 18 years or older
Location: Fairfax, VA
Address: 11620 Monument Drive
Pay: $19 - $19.50 / hour
Job Posting: 03/14/2023
Job Posting End: 04/13/2023
We’re looking for passionate people ready to collaborate, develop and be leaders!
At Wegmans, our commitment to customers is simple: Every Day You Get Our Best. When you join Wegmans as a Team Leader, you’ll join a dynamic retail environment that’s growing, with new opportunities available every day to enhance your skill set and grow your career. You are becoming part of a family-owned company that has consistently been named one of the Best Companies to Work for in America® As a member of our management team, you will receive the support and training you need to become an effective leader in our stores and learn everything about managing others while working for an innovative food company, and delivering the incredible customer service we are known for. You’ll gain a deep understanding of our values, business measures and standards, and operations through one-on-one mentoring, exposure to leadership, and participation in developmental events. Within the store, you will have many opportunities to bring your skills to the team with management opportunities available in various areas, including Service, Merchandising, Perishable and Culinary departments.
What will I do?
- Manage employee performance by providing resources, training, feedback and development opportunities
- Provide incredible customer service to customers and employees alike
- Help to problem solve operational challenges while maintaining open two-way communication with managers
- Coordinate activities, prioritize tasks and ensure the operation runs efficiently for your team
- 1 or more years of work experience or a college degree
- Computer Skills
- Experience leading a team
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of relevant products
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new situations and subject matters
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Service
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: ge86zj0
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.