To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Instrument Services Specialist
Pace Analytical • Houston, TX
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our Instrument Support Group (ISG) allows chemists to perform hands-on work and interact directly with our clients. ISG specializes in servicing instrumentation such as GC, GC/MS, LC, LC/MS, IC, and Dissolution. While the instrumentation is complex, our Instrument Support Group has an extensive training program for new employees, as well as ongoing training to maintain the capabilities of the service staff. Our ISG Specialists have multifaceted skill sets including: strong technical aptitude, customer service, and problem resolution techniques. The Instrument Support Group has been providing service to customers for eighteen years, achieving steady growth on an annual basis. This growth allows multiple advancement opportunities for our employees as we continue to expand in the MN market, as well as in IL, IN, TX, CA, and OR.
Our Instrument Services Specialist II is responsible for providing technical solutions and advanced level instrument support services to customers of ISG, including external clients, laboratory chemists within the Pace lab system, and coworkers of the Instrument Support Group. Our Instrument Services Specialist II is responsible for providing our customers with a variety of support services associated with their analytical instrumentation. These services include routine maintenance, operational and performance testing, hardware and software troubleshooting, instrument repair, and personnel training.Responsibilities
- Instrument preventive maintenance, installation, repair & performance testing
- Instrument refurbishment
- Application software installation and troubleshooting
- On-site and remote customer support
- Provide technical training on analytical systems
- Ensure regulatory compliance
- Maintain positive relationships with customers
- BS degree in chemistry or related science
- Experience working with liquid and gas chromatography systems (HPLC and GC)
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to travel up to 25 percent