Nesco Resource is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Mechanic for a full-time, 3rd shift position in the Rensselaer, NY area. This position will be responsible for a variety of work to ensure that the facilities of the plant and infrastructure are maintained in a safe and effective working condition. Maintenance mechanics' will be expected to ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements on production, packaging, processing equipment, and utility systems, along with being readily available for emergency repairs. Candidates will be required to ready and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service manuals, and perform preventative maintenance based on this information. Maintenance Mechanics' will also need to complete work orders on time, use hand and power tools, communicate with other departments, fill out paperwork and document in accordance with SOP's, assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory, and perform other duties as assigned such as cleaning.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- HS Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years' experience with one or more of the following technical skills: Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, computer controlled equipment, PLC, or HVAC
- 1-2 years' experience using equipment such as lubricating, motor control, relay control, and process control
- Professional experience with ammonia refrigeration systems STRONGLY preferred
- Formal Engineering/Maintenance Training strongly preferred, OR a certificate and 1 year experience in a maintenance role with a manufacturing facility (preferably food industry)
- Specialized training in Electrical, Mechanical, and/or Welding strongly preferred
- Excellent organization, communication, and computer skills
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment
- Able to walk, lift, reach, stand, climb, kneel and crouch for entirety of shift
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends, and holidays
Pay Rate: $23.66 - $26.00/hour based on experience
Hours: 10:00pm 6:30am (With OT as necessary)
Candidates will be training on 1st and 2nd shift for the beginning of their assignments.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Packaging And Labeling