As a Client Account Manager (CAM), you will be responsible for top line growth across the California water market. Additionally, working with our delivery team, the CAM will ensure that Jacobs achieves complete client satisfaction to make sure that Jacobs has a thorough understanding of the client’s needs and is seen as their best advocate for accomplishing their goals.
Bring your energy and desire to take your career to the next level in this position by leading the following activities:
- Representing Jacobs to the client in a positive, caring, solutions-delivery approach by engaging the broader firm
- Identifying, chartering, and leading client service teams comprised of multi-disciplinary project managers and regional practice leaders around common vision of success
- Securing management commitment and influence/attract key staff for pursuits
- Advocating on client's behalf by actively engaging the firm to address client needs, and recommend strategic actions to optimize our business development investment and market share growth
- Facilitating the creation of at least 10 different, deep, personal, valuable client relationships between Jacobs personnel and client personnel (management, technical, functional, delivery) to weave a fabric of broad-based relationships between our firm and the clients
- Developing trust and credibility with clients by engaging in business discussions to formulate winning and portfolio diversification solutions
- Identifying higher levels of client engagement for executive sponsors
- Coaching client service teams through coordinating and facilitating Go/No Go decisions, and helping develop required sales costs aligned with opportunity potential and return on investment objectives
- Actively engaging with your Client Account Partner (CAP) and client service teams by leading them through the disciplined sales process including developing the win strategy, proposal document, interviews and presentations.
- Leading a project team in the delivery of a key project, where appropriate.
- Facilitate the engagement of Jacobs in regional programs and committees that align with the company’s values and interests
- Mentoring and developing Jacob’s personnel in business development and sales acumen
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business management or related work experience in lieu of a degree
- Progressive experience in engineering and/or related disciplines associated with the water market sector
- Proven track record of coordinating teams and winning work on an area or statewide basis
- Sales knowledge on how to identify contracts well in advance, respond to RFPs/solicitations, interview and win new work
- Strong business acumen
- Negotiation’s experience
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Ability to lead an account team, set a vision and strategy, coach/mentor and motivate the team, reach within Jacobs to offer best-in-class solutions, manage commercial and legal negotiations, and close deals
- Technical background/experience in delivering or managing large infrastructure projects or programs is considered a positive and adds credibility in consulting, engineering, construction industry service offerings and delivery
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ] .
- Business Development
- Business Management
- Chartering (Shipping)
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Commercial Awareness
- Construction Engineering