Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for ICC Special Inspector/ Construction Technician to join our Building and Construction team in Westminster (Denver), CO.
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment. Overview:
Activities will include performing field testing and inspections on soil, concrete, masonry and asphalt.
- The Special Inspector / Construction Technician will support the Building and Construction business performing Construction Materials Testing services, entering reports and data gathered from tests and observations.
- Review plans and specifications, performing the inspections accordingly
- Inspect placement of reinforcing steel and post-tensioned cables
- Communicate results with contractors, engineers and others
- Input results and observations into daily reports
Preferred Certifications: (we are seeking one or more of the following):
- 6+ years experience in soils, reinforced concrete and other materials testing/inspection disciplines
- ICC Special Inspectors (Reinforced Concrete, Masonry, Soils, Fireproofing, Structural Steel Welding, Structural Steel Bolting, Post Tension) certifications AND/OR ACI Certification is required
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Materials Testing (Tests)