ARMED SECURITY GUARDS NEEDED! OPENINGS AVAILABLE NOW!!
Need experience for your future?
Securitas Security has immediate openings for ARMED Security Guards. If you have the passion to work in public safety or law enforcement, let Securitas help YOU build your resume by gaining knowledge and experience you can use for your future!
Various positions available throughout St. Louis City
Full-time & Part-time openings
Shifts: 3rd shifts
Starting pay rates from $11.30-$12/hr
- The ability to effectively utilize excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to withstand physical conditions such as standing or climbing stairs, for prolonged periods of time. Additional physical requirements may include lifting up to 25lbs
- Must be able to analyze a problem and locate the best solution without hesitation.
- Must possess good judgment on all levels but particularly in safety.
- Punctuality is a top priority in the Security field and is non-negotiable.
- Must possess a professional demeanor and maintain it under all circumstances.
- Must be able to meet the minimum requirements for state and local licensing and/or site standards as established by the company.
- Responds to unusual or emergency situations at client's site using the appropriate escalation of force level up to and including armed response by following established protocol.
- Maintains proficiency in the use of all assigned protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons.
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process; precludes unauthorized access to facilities, and the conversion, theft or intentional destruction of physical assets.
- Observes and reports activities and incidents, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Makes periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
- Preserves order and acts to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking.
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives or company management.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Prepares logs and reports as required.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing to complete the GED program within six months.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
- Valid Driver's License- required for some sites
Why Securitas? This is not just a job, it's an opportunity!
strong customer service skills, observant, friendly, helpful, able to stand and be on feet for long periods of time