Who We Are
Dyno Nobel is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide innovative blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America, Australia and selected customers in the Asia Pacific.
Join us in everything that's great about Dyno Nobel: OUR culture, OUR values, OUR commitment to safety and most importantly our PEOPLE. This combination makes Dyno Nobel a terrific place to work.
Dyno Nobel is a subsidiary of Australian based Incitec Pivot Limited. IPL's 4500 employees also manufacture and market industrial chemicals and fertilizer products & services to customers around the world.
What You'll Do
As the CDL Driver / Equipment Operator, you will operate Dyno Nobel trucks and specialty equipment to deliver ANFO and other commercial explosives products to customers in a safe, timely and efficient manner. You will have the opportunity to drive and work outdoors and be a part of a great team of professionals like you. You will be responsible for calibrating equipment, calculate fuel percentages, and checking emulsion density. Other duties will include:
* Drive/operate straight bed vehicles over public roads in order to move or deliver explosive products to company or customer sites in a timely and safe manner
* Drive and operate bulk/blend truck in order to prepare and deliver quality products to customer sites
* Load and unload all trucks, and maintain magazines, sites, and inventories.
* Follow all safety procedures and maintain safe working conditions in the shop, while driving and operating equipment and while on blast sites in order to protect your personal safety and the safety of others
* Prepare and maintain records and reports concerning the handling and transportation of explosive products, including safety reports, and the use and detonation of explosives, in order to assure accurate billing, regulatory compliance and performance history
* Knowledgeable of, and comply with applicable DOT, OSHA, MSHA, EPA, and BATFE regulations.
* Ability to work accurately with numbers and perform simple mathematical calculations.
* Maintain safe working conditions and assure that all crew members and others on the site follow all safety and regulatory procedures and practices to ensure a safe and successful event.
What We're Looking For:
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
* CDL Class A or B with Hazmat, Tanker, and Air Brakes endorsements required.
* Previous experience in commercial driving preferred.
* Must be willing to undergo and pass an ATF background check as required to be a possessor of explosives.
* Ability to read, write, and speak English, and to communicate in writing and verbally.
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and a team player
What We Offer:
* Paid vacation + 11 paid holidays + a couple of PTO days
* Full health benefits including employer HSA contributions + dental plan (with an orthodontic option), and more!
* Up to a 4% 401k match PLUS additional company contribution from 1% to 5% based on years of service
* A generous tuition reimbursement program
* Friendly and supportive coworkers and training programs to ensure your success
Zero Harm for Everyone Everywhere
Value People - Respect, Recognize & Reward
Think Customer. Everyone. Every day
Treat the Business as our Own
Care for the Community & our Environment
Challenge & Improve the Status Quo
Deliver on our Promises
Women and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Dyno Nobel is an equal employment opportunity employer and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)