The purpose of this position is to support the administration of the Practice Group (PG), allowing practice group leaders to focus on leading the practice group and on practicing law; support practice group leaders in the development and implementation of the group’s business strategy; provide a seamless quality of service to lawyers and staff; and foster teamwork and provide a positive working and service environment for all involved in the Firm’s business or supporting those involved in the Firm’s business.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading global law firms with over 4000 lawyers and staff in 30 offices, is seeking an Administrative Practice Assistant reporting to the Administrative Support Manager. This position will reside in the Philadelphia office and will be responsible providing a broad range of administrative support to the Labor & Employment Practice Group in an environment where superior client service is emphasized and practiced.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Maintaining case and client files.
- Processing new business intake and related forms.
- Time entry, answering phones and taking messages, scheduling appointments and coordinating meetings.
- Processing expense reports, check requests, scanning, copying, coordinating incoming/outgoing mail, faxes and emails, word processing, arranging travel and preparing travel itineraries.
- Provide legal research, case support and project assistance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or relevant experience.
- One (1) year of internship or professional experience preferred; professional services industry experience a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast paced environment, and the ability to manage confidential information with discretion.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work overtime is required.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Training And Development