To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Federal Accounting Audit Liaison -1682
The MIL Corporation • Washington, DC
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
MIL is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology – and we are looking for candidates like you. Whether you’re fresh out of college or the military or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be right for you.
Here at The MIL Corporation, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here, and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Last year alone, we earned:
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work®: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2018 Great Place to Work®: Best Small & Medium Workplaces
- 2018 Workplaces Award, The Washington Post (Washington, D.C.)
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
Whether your goal is to help defend our country through the cyber efforts of the Department of Defense or ensure proper financial management/accountability with the Department of State, The MIL Corporation welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference.
The MIL Corporation seeks an Federal Accounting Audit Liaison to support a Federal Government client at one of our Washington, DC locations.
• Support the client in various activities that may include production of federal financial statements, USSGL, accruals, reconciliations, business practice improvements, GTAS, Data Act, IPACs
• Support of financial and controls audit responses
• Will work 100% on client site on a great collaborative team with a mix of contractor and government staff
• 5 years recent accounting-related work experience in federal government accounting, financial management, and auditing, including annual Federal Agency financial statement audits
• Excellent experience with government Standard General Ledger (SGL)
• Excellent experience with MS Excel, specifically creating pivot tables and conducting data analysis
• Will accept the following types of experience in lieu of Federal financial statement audit experience provided that the proposed personnel have relevant Federal financial management experience: 1) experience performing state or local, government, or commercial entity financial statement audits or 2) Federal financially-related performance audit
• Required Active Clearance: Top Secret - No Interim Clearances, No Exceptions
• Master’s degree in Accounting or Taxation
• Prior experience with CGI Momentum software platform
• Expert knowledge and understanding of the Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) principles
• Working knowledge in Federal Tax reporting, business process reengineering, OMB Circular A-136
• Experience leading and providing technical direction to complex accounting challenges and providing recommendations and solutions that are legal and auditable
• Expert knowledge with Standard General Ledger (SGL) accounting principles
• Working knowledge of Fund Balance with Treasury reconciliation, and Inter-Agency eliminating entries
• Working experience in evaluation of internal controls according to OMB Circular A-123
• Possess a current certification for at least one of the following: CPA, CMA, CIA, CGFM, CISA, CICA or PMP
• MA/MS/MBA is desired, in addition to one of the above certifications
All applicants for this position must possess and be able to maintain a Top Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CJP #CB