Ducommun's Appleton, WIPerformance Center is seeking a Training Specialist responsible for the design, development, implementation, coordination, and facilitation of company training and development programs. This position is under minimal supervision and works more independently. Conducts needs assessments in collaboration with performance center management and other departments. Design and generate reporting for training activities effectiveness and ensures audit compliance concerning training. Additional responsibilities include:
• Maintaining department skills matrices and ensuring compliance with regulatory/customer audits concerning employee training.
• Conducting and/or overseeing the gathering, verification and processing of personnel training related documentation.
• Partnering with internal customers to assess and implement training needs for new and existing employees.
• Ensuring the maintenance of personnel records and curriculum databases in relevant training process/systems.
• Analyzing, developing and implementing new training processes for functional areas.
• Working in collaboration with the operations team to develop training materials such as: module, test and on the job training.
• Facilitating learning through a variety of delivery methods including classroom instruction, virtual training, on-the-job coaching
• Coordinating employee certification programs with department leaders
• Defining and creating employee curricula based on job requirements.
• Managing and maintaining in-house training facilities and equipment
• Researching training suppliers and materials as needed - including details, cost comparison, and timelines
• Creating and maintaining training procedures and work instructions as needed to support the training system
• Performingadministrative tasks needed to maintain the training system database, which includes training records, certifications and files.
• Performs other duties as assigned including leading projects and participation in project committees
Skills & Qualifications
Required Skills & Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
- High School diploma required; associate's degree preferred
- 1-2 years relevant experience preferred
- Knowledge of and J-Std-001, IPC-A-610 certified
- Strong knowledge of HRIS, LMS and compliance software programs.
- Knowledge of CompliantPro a plus.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Experience running and manipulating reports from LMS systems.
- Analytical and Critical thinking skills, as well as good decision making thought processes.
- Proficient in all Microsoft and Outlook programs; highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills including the ability to articulate complex ideas in a simple manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate among all levels within the organization.
2222 East Pensar Drive
Appleton, Wisconsin, 54911