You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Executive Producer, World Science Studios
About the Opportunity:
World Science Studios (WSS) is the centralized media production arm of the World Science Festival, creating innovative visual content including short-form videos and animations for World Science Festival live programs; original documentary and series programming for broadcast and digital distribution; visual content for onstage theatrical works; experiential AR and VR; short and long-form educational videos; marketing and social media content.
We are seeking an ambitious, energetic, innovative and experienced Media Executive to lead all aspects of media production and operations across the organization. The EP will manage the entire workflow of pre-production, production and post-production; oversee two studio facilities; define and operationalize a technical pipeline from development through delivery; build and lead an efficient, high-performing team of production and post-production professionals
- Lead and manage media production, post production and studio operations for all programming and media needs across the organization, including short and long form content; animation and graphics; field and studio shoots; multi-camera capture of live programs; promotional and marketing video; social/digital content.
- Drive all phases of media production creative, editorial, production and post-production from ideation to execution.
- Recruit, train and lead a team of internal and external producers, crews, editors, animators, as well as production and operations personnel.
- Work with internal and external producers and directors to meet all project deadlines, including delivery of pitches, scripts, rough cuts and final cuts on time, on budget, and at the highest editorial, creative and production quality.
- Build and manage budget, staffing, schedule and workflow for all media projects.
- Work collaboratively with senior leadership on a strategic vision for growth, and with all departments including editorial, live events, digital, marketing, sponsorship and education to meet media needs.
- Stay current in production trends, new technology, and distribution platforms.
- Push the boundaries of visual storytelling with novel production techniques, formats and creative elements.
- Extensive experience working in broadcast, film and/or digital media production in an EP, EIC, Line Producer or Showrunner capacity.
- Record of projects that show high editorial standards, and creative visual storytelling skills.
- Experience in all aspects of media production including: pre-production research and reporting, script development, production, post-production and multi-format conversions.
- Track record of fulfilling large quantity of deliverables on schedule and within budget.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work in a demanding, fast-paced, diverse and high-performance professional environment.
- Strong hiring, team-building, communication and management skills.
- Familiarity with major production software and applications for use in a dynamic media operation.
- Self-motivated, curious, addicted to excellence, fearless and fun.
About the Organization: World Science Festival (WSF)
Originally known for our groundbreaking week-long live festivals placing science at the cultural core of New York City, the World Science Festival (WSF) has grown into an innovative multi-media organization that produces original content straddling science, technology, the arts, media, performance, journalism and education, with formats ranging across vibrant discussions and debates, to inspired collaborative works of theatre, film and music. Featuring outstanding talent and novel production techniques, our programming brings the most far-reaching and transformative ideas, discoveries and perspectives to a broad general audience. WSFs live events in 13 countries have garnered an in-person audience of over three million and its digital, educational and broadcast programming has received over 200 million views.
The World Science Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, doing business as the World Science Festival and is headquartered in New York City.
How to Apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to with "Executive Producer, World Science Studios" in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. The World Science Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer.
- Computer Animation
- Digital Media
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g8ucyxa
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.