This position has access to and knowledge of extremely sensitive, private and confidential materials. Ability to maintain the highest standard is required with zero tolerance.
All the primary duties within this document will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the department and the Medical Center.
Provides analytical support for the financial positioning and future growth of NHRMC. Develops financial and revenue cycle data analysis, metrics, and standard and ad hoc reports to support the needs of the enterprise. Prepares, analyzes, and communicates key financial information, and provides support to management and other staff members regarding financial reporting and other issues. Serves as consultant to all levels of management to provide decision support for initiatives, policies and procedures. Performs special projects and duties as assigned, including necessary research, forecasting, and conflict resolution.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Conducts financial analysis with a high degree of complexity including revenue analysis, trend analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and financial modeling. Gathers financial information and assumptions from various multi-disciplinary teams, develops gross and net revenue models, and assists in preparation and presentation of business plans
2. Drives key financial processes (e.g. forecasting, analysis, charge management, decision support, contracting and reimbursement analysis) by coordinating resources and communication and leading process teams
3. Provides leadership, guidance and training to less experienced personnel on financial modeling & forecasting considerations. Recommends best practices on pulling, analyzing, refining and presenting data
4. Initiates and directs the identification and implementation of operating improvements and efficiencies by identifying important trends and variances through the review of management reports and financial analysis
5. Prepares accurate and timely reporting by accessing information from a variety of sources and utilizing consistent reporting formats.
6. Supports general financial analysis functions which may include internal and external reporting, trending and forecasting, reconciliations, variance analysis, and assistance with month-end financial close.
7. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Education: Bachelor's Degree with a major in Accounting or related field required. CPA or Master's degree preferred.
2. Licensure / Certifications: CPA, Fellow of the Healthcare Financial Management Association or similar certification, preferred but not required.
3. Experience: Three to five years' experience with financial analysis and decision support within a hospital setting. Working knowledge of hospital information systems and medical terminology. Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of hospital third party payment mechanisms preferred. Hospital accounting experience desirable.
Analysis Of Variance