To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Product Strategist (Credit Card Acquisition)
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To assist business unit management in developing and executing action plans, department policies, standards, and
processes to optimize resources while ensuring focus on strategic, financial, and member service goals. Work with
internal and external stakeholders to plan, deploy, and measure the effectiveness of marketing. Monitor and anticipate
industry shifts to ensure business unit’s products and services remain well positioned among their competitive sets.
Evaluate the portfolio to identify opportunities to improve Navy Federal programs, products, and services. Apply broad
functional knowledge and expertise to improve the performance of product campaigns and initiatives. Maintain an
understanding and working knowledge of the functions, processes, and systems of other cognizant business units.
Work on complex issues requiring knowledge of organizational objectives and competing priorities.
• Provide strategic analysis, recommendations and help influence key decisions by senior department leadership regarding technology and financial market trends, and competitive analysis regarding identification of the department’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
• Utilize performance measurements and indicators to identify areas for improvement; develop process improvement plans for each performance indicator or area identified
• Develop action plans for conducting internal analyses and collaborate with business partners to identify root causes for operational gaps and establish solutions
• Identify and communicate changing trends as identified through analysis
• Ensure effective initiative management from inception through implementation
• Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis using analytical techniques, tools, models, simulation, etc.
• Build financial forecasts, cost analyses, and Front Office reports to support and facilitate business decisions
• Serve as subject matter expert regarding product functions and how they relate to other products and services
• Collaborate with key partners in development and delivery of solutions
• Collaborate with Member Research & Intelligence (MRID) and Product Marketing to compile/integrate and summarize data and key performance indicators used to create email campaign strategies to improve business results
• Participates in complex interdepartmental initiatives of significant business risk & impact
• Lead small initiatives or participate in portions of large/complex scoped marketing projects with guidance from senior staff and/or management
• Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices, evaluates results, and provides leadership and guidance to ensure successful implementation of business unit projects
• Serve on teams and task groups for projects/initiatives within the business unit &/or across the organization
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted:
• Advanced knowledge of products, services, processes, requirements, and systems related to the business unit
• Advanced knowledge of state and Federal laws; industry regulations, principles, and practices; and company policies that govern the business unit’s products/services
• Advanced knowledge of banking/financial industry trends, products and services
• Effective skill in strategic thinking to write/develop comprehensive marketing plans
• Basic skill in building strategic and execution-focused plans and alliances with partner leadership
• Ability to synthesize results of analyses, develop and make recommendations and presents results to solve unique and complex problems
• Experience in collaborating across organizational boundaries and building partnerships across various functions
• Experience in leading large projects/initiatives which have business risk and impact
• Skill in producing desired results and achieving goals and objectives
• Experience in Demonstrated track record of managing multiple initiatives and meeting changing requirements and priorities to accomplish objective
• Skill using innovative thinking to solve problems and facilitate the decision-making process
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective skill interacting with staff, management, vendors and members diplomatically and tactfully
• Effective skill to influence, negotiate and persuade to reach agreeable exchange and positive outcomes
• Effective skill in the use of PCs and related software packages
• Desired – Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field
• Desired – Advanced knowledge of NCUA regulations that govern the activities, products and services of the business unit
• Desired – Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal's functions, philosophy, operations and organizational objectives
• Desired – Experience in working with leadership and management in diverse and complex operational environments
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability