Return to Work Associate
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
As the largest provider of disability and absence management solutions, Sedgwick offers a combination of services covering every possible time away from work scenario. Our clients depend on us to support and improve the health and productivity of their workforce in a way that is cost-effective, efficient and compliant.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To perform return-to-work assessment under general supervision; to coordinate return-to-work related activities including gathering medical information for accommodation evaluation; to resolve workers' compensation cases; to provide customer support; and to support return-to-work/accommodation staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs initial evaluations assessment via telephone calls to physician and employer.
- Evaluates need for alternative return-to-work plan and coordinates return-to-work related activities.
- Supports return-to-work and/or job accommodation processes for return-to-work management.
- Supports return-to-work/job accommodation staff through the completion of components of the return-to-work management process.
- Provides return-to-work support for injured workers, physicians, employers and claims teams.
- Gathers return-to-work data from providers, nurses and return-to-work specialists for record keeping.
- Resolves workers' compensation cases by applying current policies and procedures per state workers' compensation laws and client program design.
- Enters data into the claims management system accurately.
- Adheres to quality assurance standards.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required.
One (1) year claims management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Return-to-work experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Complex Problem Solving
Program Design Languages