Assistant Property Manager I (N)Location:
Metro Atlanta AreaPURPOSE
According to prescribed policies and procedures, under the supervision of the Property Manager or Senior Property Manager assists in all operational and financial aspects of the property or properties.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSUnder the direction of the Property Manager or Senior Property Manager ensures that the property operates within HUD and LIHTC rules.
Under the direction of the Property Manager or Senior Property Manager maintains occupancy levels and good owner and resident relations.
- Complies with company policies and procedures, fair housing laws, state landlord and tenant laws and Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) section 42 rules. Operates within HUD guidelines and communicates directly with regulatory authorities (typically HUD) and owners in resolution of management issues.
- Prepares amendments, extensions and supporting schedules for maintaining rental assistance contracts (Section 8) and property management agreements.
- Ensures that waiting lists, resident files and other documentation complies with all HUD and LIHTC rules and regulations.
Under the direction of the Property Manager or Senior Property Manager ensures that vendors are paid timely and accurately.
- Performs or oversees marketing and leasing functions to maintain budgeted or greater occupancy for the property.
- Be familiar with the requirements of the Tenant Selection Plan. Be able to implement and explain the occupancy requirements as well as Lease Agreement, House Rules and any applicable addendum.
- Implements effective resident retention programs, such as move-in and service follow up. Maintains good resident relations.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with owners, partners and Boards. May include attendance at Board meetings, fulfilling any reporting requests and providing regular informational updates.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with residents, co-workers, community leaders, owners, management, vendors, and service providers.
- a. Checks invoices for accuracy and enters invoices into e-pay system for payment.
- b. Assists with reserve process.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and any significant problems or maintenance concerns.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required. Completes required records and reports.
- Assists vendors and service providers as needed.
- Conduct and document marketing efforts in adherence to the current Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan.
- With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all residents and staff are treated with respect and dignity. Reports all complaints made by residents and/or families to the appropriate supervisors. Reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/property and/or any other corporate compliance items drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws immediately.
- Manages relationships, both internally and externally exercising appropriate communication and interpersonal skills.
- Assumes leadership role of the property in the absence of the Property Manager.
- Must be knowledgeable and adhere to fair housing laws. Review leasing activities and practices to ensure they meet all applicable fair housing laws.
- Completes assigned training.
- Property meets all Fair Housing Standards, Waiting List Standards, Qualification and Certification Rules. Maintains Tenant Files in organized manner. MOR score and State Agency Reviews are possible indicators.
- Yardi scores at or above company standards.
- Property is maintained properly - interior and exterior. REAC score or State Agency Reviews are possible indicators.
- Property meets or exceeds Occupancy standards. Reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- All responsibilities are carried out in a manner consistent with National Church Residences' Core Values of Mission, Compassion, Leadership and Professionalism
- Adheres to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences Employee Information Guide (EIG), Policy and Procedure Guide (PPG), and facility handbook including, but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
- Achieve acceptable Resident Satisfaction score as measured.
- Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed, proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used is required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have high school diploma or equivalent.Experience:
One or more years of general office, customer service or sales and marketing experience.Skills/Abilities:
Good communication, comprehension and interpersonal skills. Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and internet which will be demonstrated by a passing score on a computer literacy test. Must have working knowledge of computer or tablet software.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.Learn more about our organization in the video below.
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills