VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
The Territory Sales Representative role is an opportunity to channel your formidable energy and entrepreneurial swagger into extraordinary sales experiences, helping customers from the starting gate to the finish line with our cutting-edge products and services. In this consultative sales role, you will provide solutions by selling Cox data, video, home security & voice services to residential customers while managing your assigned territory.
Ambitious? To you, meeting new people and closing deals are second nature, and a little friendly competition is your favorite fuel. If this sounds like someone you see in the mirror each morning, then you may be a solid contender for a gig as a Territory Sales Representative.
We are Cox Communications, part of the Cox family of businesses, and our teams are driving a wave of innovation and reimagining how we connect with our customers.
What Youll Do
As a Territory Sales Representative, youll have the opportunity to generate new leads, sales, and upgrades. That means becoming a wiz at sales prospecting, referrals, partner relationships, and door to door canvassing and networking through an assigned territory. Youll be the architect of your own face-to-face sales presentations, from creation to delivery, and youll be involved in touchpoints from assessing residential customers needs to closing the sale.
- Get to know and grow with homeowner associations, multi-dwelling unit managers, leasing agents and others to help generate sales.
- Get to assist with training new hires, team with other departments, and partner with leadership to unearth new approaches to growth.
- Occasionally install or disconnect customer telecommunication services, collect payments and equipment from customers.
- Work non-traditional work hours to maximize customer contact opportunities.
- Of course, youll need to maintain the highest ethical standards, follow company policy, and be a professional when representing us, taking ownership of the customer experience.
Sounds like a lot, huh? Well, with great responsibility comes...great rewards and recognition. Whats in it for you? Keep reading, because this is important too!
Whats In It For You
As part of a customer loyalty driven team, highly motivated individuals could receive a targeted annual amount of $60,725. This reflects the full-time salary base rate of at least $24,005 and target commission is $3,060 a month. There is potential to earn up to and beyond $70,848 annually as a high performer. Employees also receive a ramp period of 2 months to adjust to commission earnings and an annual continued performance bonus of up to $1,000.
Cox Communications rewards the talented, hard-working folks that help drive our growth. Weve created an exceptional salary package, plus additional incentives including the highly-sought-after Winners Circle reward for top sales people. We are an inclusive, pro-sales environment where different perspectives are valued and celebrated. Tools and training to up your game? Weve got them. And we offer a work/life balance that allows you to enjoy things like family, friends, and lots of flexibility.
We believe in taking good care of our team, so youll also have access to benefits like a 401(K) with company match, quality healthcare & life insurance, performance and recognition rewards for top salespeople, and coverage of travel expenses. We also know that everyone has unique concerns and priorities as we navigate life and manage our overall physical, mental and financial well-being, so we offer access to a lifestyle coach, paid time off to volunteer, employee discounts and even pet insurance (cool, right)?
Who You Are
Bottom line, we take good care of our employees. Want to join us? Heres who we are looking for...
Youre energetic; always on the move. You love a fast-paced work environment, and you like being outside and building relationships in the field. You relish new challenges, youre competitive, and youre ready to conquer the world. Youre also an ethical, organized and analytical person who enjoys meeting and working with diverse groups of people.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- High school diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- Valid state drivers license, good driving record, reliable transportation and proof of insurance
- Ability to qualify for Certifications and licenses, as required by state and municipal laws, to sell Home Security
- Proficient knowledge of and ability to operate a Smart Phone, iPad and a computer
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather: heat, cold, rain, snow, etc
- Ability to walk 1 ½ or more miles a day and up and down stairs within your residential territory
- Must be able to carry an iPad with case and a light bag with marketing materials for 5 plus hours a day
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
- BS/BA degree
- Knowledge of local market with established local contacts
- 1+ years of outside/field sales/door to door or related experience with quota requirements
- Experience in residential direct sales, home security or telecommunications industry
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Territory Sales Representative.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.